Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Thursday, May 11, 2006

What Would You Do?

I have a few problems on my plate at the moment.

1) How to put images of the Olympic medal and also the Six-Sox-Knitalong as a sidebar. We have had help from two kind bloggers, but so far no luck!
2) This is my Eleanora Sock in the photo. You can see that the little pile of wool by the needles is not enough to finish the foot - I wear a size 10 shoe! I am planning to use the brown yarn in the left of the photo for the toe. The reason for this is that I paid about $6.00 for the pattern and for two balls of Regia Silk, I had to pay $22.98! Now, if I were to buy another ball of Regia Silk at $11.49, these socks would cost me $40.47 pattern included!! I never wear socks in open toed shoes - my thought is to use the brown wool blend and have a $28.98 pair of socks!
3) I also need to buy another ball of Merino wool to finish a shawl, but this is only $7.49 a ball, and as it is for charity, I will go for another ball!

In time we will figure out how to put things in the sidebar! When we got a photo of me beside my profile, I am sure the neighbours could hear the shouts of joy. Now how did we get the same photo at the bottom of the blog?! We need a 12 year-old child here to help us with lots of hands on computer time!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

There you are!
I'd do the same thing adding in the brown sock yarn for the toes. I bet you'll like the way it looks. That's one of the benefits of toe-up socks. You never have to worry about running out of yarn before you reach the toe. You'd just end up with a shorter sock.
Yeah. Our 6 year old has figured out a few things on our picture program that we never even knew was possible...and that was when he was barely 5. It makes him so proud!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Welcome to the blog world Peg, so glad you're here!
One thing though, I think you can change your profile so that people can leave comments who don't have blogger profiles. Afraid I don't know how though!

Brenda
http://brenda.typepad.com/

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting