Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Away for a few days!

I will be away for a few days with our daughter in Victoria, BC.

Our daughter gave me a gift for both Mother's Day and my birthday in July of a trip to Victoria - just the two of us. We leave tomorrow morning and return Thursday evening. Not much time I know, but we are both very busy.

Our daughter has lived here with her hubby and two girls for almost 15 years, but the service, of which her DH is a member, has posted them to Guilenkirchen, Germany! We are thrilled for them. The girls are 16 and 13, so it is a perfect time to go and they will have a great education (A NATO school that they will be bussed to daily) and the best education of all is living in Europe with so many different cultures and so much history. They are within a few hours drive of both Belgium and Holland! The only draw back is that we are not going - but we will visit! I think I could find the odd yarn shop or two in Germany to visit and buy some wonderful yarns.

Anyway, tomorrow we are off to Victoria. I plan to pay a visit to Beehive Wool Shop and am most interested in the Fleece Artist yarns. Also, I want to know them and get them to know me - gasoline is expensive here and so mail order, which Beehive does, is the answer for me and my yarn desires.

Michele is our only daughter and is 42. She is a lab technician with a BSc in microbiology and a wonderful human being. I know many of you are not even that old, but I am a young 66!! Age is really a state of mind and I feel young and cannot believe that we have a son 45 and a daughter 42.

We will probably eat out a few times, visit Chinatown, visit the Imax and just hang out together. They leave on June 30th, so I have been slowly adjusting to their moving - not easy, but I am up for the challenge of just my J and me and our children in Europe and Oklahoma. We are off to Oklahoma next week to visit our son and DIL. They could have been posted to some rather uninspiring places - but we are lucky. Both places have great yarn and great children!!
I'll be back on line on Friday for a few days. So don't think I have deserted you. Oh yes I ordered some wonderful yarn from "I'm Knitting As Fast As I Can". The colourway I was lucky enough to get is Tourmaline and I think I will try the P-word socks! I have included a beautiful scarf from Susan - Mountain Stream and also a Nantasket Basket - both of these patterns she designed and I knit!





While I am away, I leave you with this eagle nesting site to visit. http://www.infotecbusinesssystems.com/wildlife/

3 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Have a wonderful trip Peg!
And I agree about the "age is a state of mind" thing. My parents are young at 70 and 75, and I've known a very old 18 year old.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Best of luck to your family.One of the great things about the internet is that it brings people cloer together.

1:00 AM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

Have a great time with your daughter! Make sure you come back with lots of yarn loot to show us :) Age is meerly a number! Live life to its fullest and enjoy all it has to offer :)

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting