Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Two sweaters and hats in two days!


I wanted a quick little gift for our friends' twins. I remembered these patterns in the "Oneskein" book and went to my stash to see what I could find.


The little raspberry pink set for Megan is knit using 1 2/3 balls of Debbie Bliss Cathay! It is lovely and soft, as one would expect from 50% cotton, 35% viscose and 15% silk. I wonder if any of you have difficult seaming cottons - they do not give the nice effect of wool!

The little navy set was from a cotton I had in my stash - ball band long gone and I had only about 12" of yarn left after I completed the project.

As the twins have just reached 6 lbs. I think these little boleros will be fine. The thing about them that I really like is that they are nice and large in the sleeve, so no pulling and tugging on the baby's arm to dress them.

I will pick up a couple of 'board books' - one will be "Goodnight Moon" to add to the gift and take them to their Daddy's office tomorrow. At this time, I do not feel the parents need to contend with visitors. Megan is just home from hospital and Conor, or perhaps it is Connor, has been home a week. I remember company when my babies were little - not always fun!

8 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

These are really great, Peg, so sweet! :0)

8:17 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

The sweaters are so very cute. What pattern did you use for the little sweater?

8:57 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Very cute and thoughtful gifts for the little twins.

10:26 PM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

awww they are sooo cute!

3:56 AM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

Adorable! Those first few days (weeks, months, years) can be so stressful for a new family -- and this one x2. I'm sure your sensitivity will be appreciated.
; )

5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog since I met you at the knitting retreat

I was wondering about buying that book oneskein, but now I really want to see what else is in it

great knitting!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Hi Chickie:

I am sure I met you at the retreat, but that was not the name you used there, is it?
If you live on Vancouver Island, go to www.virl.bc.ca and request the book "Oneskein" by Leigh Radford. That is how I check out many knitting books - then if I have a look and know I would make at least 3 or 4 of the patterns in the book, I order it for my own library! I have made many patterns from this book, so it was a good buy!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

I love those little boleros, Peg. I have the OneSkein book as well you know (remember when I bought it with you, at your LYS?) and must make two of these myself for two different new baby friends due over the summer. It looks as though you got the good luck design on the back done beautifully too.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting