Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Knitting with Black Yarn!

I just started my Picchu Picchu sweater today and I am knitting it with black Ultra Alpaca. It is so soft, but I am finding black is not an easy colour to knit with and I need very good light to see the difference between the knit and purl in the ribbing! Now, I am onto the stockinette part, and the need for light is a bit easier. I am including a photo of the Ultra Alpaca and that I bought at SWAK - Sealed With A Kiss!



The red Ultra Alpaca is for the Wool Peddler's Shawl. I have tried to put a link in for this shawl, but it does not seem to work for me. It is in the book Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle. I have fallen in love with shawls!

The other yarn I bought at SWAK was Silky Wool by Elsebeth Lavold. Isn't it a beautiful colour and that is the pattern beside the yarn. I will start this pattern once Picchu Picchu is off the needles! It should be perfect in winter with black slacks or skirt!



While in flight to Dallas/Fort Worth from Vancouver Island, I finished my second pair of Jaywalker socks. They are from the Merino from Fleece Artist. A terrific yarn to knit with and I am happy with the socks. Grumperina is having a bit of a contest with Jaywalkers, so I will link to her site with my socks.


Another pair of socks I completed was Cascading Leaves - at least I think that is the name of the pattern. You know, I am getting a mite tired of striped and variegated yarns and will knit more socks for a bit with plain coloured yarn. I do love this pattern though!



I continue to work on Picchu Picchu and I have never worked with Ultra Alpaca before, but what great yarn to knit with and so far I am very happy with both yarn and pattern.

4 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Silky Wool is gorgeous , I was very lucky to get Mill-cones of this yarn in Black ,purple and royal-blue .

2:42 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Hi again Peg....in the last couple of years I have found my eyes are very troublesome. I find black very difficult and only knit it whenI sit in my workroom right by the window. My normal seat is in the living room where Holly has a desk so we can chat about work .I have a gloomy corner and lights are not the same as daylight. I've used that silky tweed in so may projects including a tank for Holly in Noro's "Iro" plus 3x silky/tweed.I'll post Holly in iy on my site later. angie.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Susanne said...

That teal colour is gorgeous!! and that looks like a great pattern. I have looked at that book a couple of times perhaps I should have another look! lol
Glad to have you back, glad that you had a nice visit.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

I loved reading your blog, its great. I will have to add you to my list of "must reads". By the way your knitting is beautiful, and I cannot wait to see the orange sweater knitted up.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting