Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Sunday, December 17, 2006

I am still here!

Where is the time going? I have been busy and although I read other's blogs, I seem to put off taking pictures and writing on my own blog.

This week I knit and then took photos - after four hats in two days, my hands were shakey, but here are the four little hats I made for the Christmas Hamper family my book club was helping. I had made a lot of hats for other hampers, but when I found this little family had a single Mom with a 1,2,4 and 5 year old, I thought I should knit at least a hat each.


Sorry about the quality of the photos. The little blue and pink hats were knit from 'Oneskein' by Leigh Radford. I will certainly knit more of these little hats, as it is a quick knit, but I like the 'umbrella pattern'. Will I leave it all to the last minute for charity knitting next year. I hope not, so I have started already to knit. I hope this year to knit more mittens and 'boot' socks. I have some old pattern books with hats and mittens for children - it is a little book put out by Patons Beehive. Those little books are wonderful, as it is not always easy to know the size to knit for children, especially when you do not have a child around to try the hat or sock on!

We are being bombarded here in the north west of North America - BC, Oregon and Washington have had terrible wind and rain storms in the past few days. We are lucky here in Comox, as we did not get hammered, but lightly tapped. I wonder if our boasting about daffodils in bloom in February or even late January has caused our Eastern friends and family to conspire with the Wicked Weather Witch to give us a good old slap on the head for our boastfulness? We promise to be good and not mention our nice weather (whenever we get it back) to you for at least a year! There will be no comments about snowdrops in January either! So PLEASE call off this spell on our weather.

Now, I must get back to some knitting for me!

8 Comments:

Blogger Cornflower said...

With your dreadful weather, Peg, the family you are knitting for will certainly appreciate your work. Here's to a happy and peaceful Christmas for giver and receivers.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

I saw that pattern for hats in one skein and thought it was pretty neat. We have such similar tastes peg! I hate to copy all the things you make but I just might have to make those hats for my charity basket also. Guess I'm a Peg wannabe, hehe.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Peg, those are beautiful hats, and to knit them all in 2 days, you have magic hands indeed.
I've been sending warm and loving thoughts to all up there in the NW (and of course Canada included!) this recent storm has been terrible.
I'm very glad to hear you're alright.

4:43 AM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

So the Ontario-BC trade continues. London has had warm temperatures and we will be having a green Christmas.

I like the little umbrella motif too. Cute!

5:47 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

The hats look lovely.

5:53 AM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

hope you are all ok after the horrible weather. I saw it on the news and was thinking about you!

7:26 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Thank you for your wonderful email. I was worried about you with the bad weather reports. The hats are darling! Nice work.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

The hats are adorable, and I'm sure will be much appreciated. :0) Glad to hear the weather didn't hit you too hard!

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting