Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Sunday, November 26, 2006

A Snowy Day = a new beret!!

I got my IK Winter 2006 this past week and really like the Tweedy Beret. I thought I would make it sometime, but the snow started to fall yesterday, so it seemed like a good time to get busy.

















I have taken both a front and back view of the beret. It was knitted with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran and took me less than a day to knit! It was easy to follow the pattern until it came to the decrease row. I figured it out 'my way', but I did write to the designer to clarify it for me. She has a very clever way of going back to the rib pattern and it makes a bit of a diamond pattern. I will be knitting this beret again, as I have several balls of Aran weight yarn and it only took two balls of the DB Cashmerino!

We are up to our lower calves in snow, so my Tweedy Beret will get a few wearings in the days to come. Hopefully it will rain in a day or two and all this will only be a memory. That is the snow will be a memory, the beret will be in the cupboard ready for those cool days we have in winter.

I will show you my mauve sweater tomorrow, as somehow or another I must have hit a wrong button and I cannot upload any more pictures.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marianne said...

Oh, Peg, that is a beautiful hat, and you look so very lovely with it on. I've been eyeing that pattern and now that I've seen it..well it will be on the needles soon, although I had toyed with the idea of knitting from brim to top instead of the way the pattern goes, but you liked it,eh? Good enough for me.

5:04 PM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

Nice hat! I think Ontario swapped with BC, because we are having unusually warm and sunny weather for the tail end of November.

I'm not complaining! I hope you enjoy the snow, heh heh.

5:46 PM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

ohhhh very snazy!!!
I have no snow here at all, its all very weird!!!

3:55 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

I really like that hat. My daughter had looked at that pattern so now that I see it done I just might surprise her with it. Very nice job! Fits perfectly.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting