Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, November 27, 2006

Snow Bound!

Yesterday it was snowy and today we are snow bound! This is not problem - the power is on and I have yarn and needles - oh yes, enough food too!

I finished my mauve/purple Luscious Sweater from Sally Melville on Saturday. She is a beauty and I plan to take her to the odd get together or two in the near future - the rains are due to start again about Wednesday, so this snow will go down the drain! It is pretty for about the first few hours, but no more. However, I did hear a little boy of six call in to the radio this morning and you could 'hear' the smile on his face and I felt his delight when he told of the intricacies of making a snowman. Precisely six pieces of bark mulch for the mouth - and stand way up on your tippy toes to put on the head! I can remember this, but have no desire to do it again - I will just enjoy his delight!



A few gals came to my blog yesterday and were interested in the Tweedy Beret. I will enclose a detailed photo of the start of the k x 1 rib pattern and then the decrease row. It makes a sort of diamond detail and I think it is very clever. One knitter asked about doing it from the bottom up - I would not bother, as I found it an easy knit, first on dpns and then on a circular needle to the end! I did my little I-cord knit in my own way - like recipes, I think patterns are a suggestion in some areas. I would recommend this beret, as it is a quick knit and does not require a lot of yarn.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Love the sweater, such a pretty colour!
I'm feeling more snowbound today than yesterday. Contemplating a trip to the grocery store to get the makings for soup for dinner, but will probably stay in instead. Supposed to be -17 C tonight with wind chill. I've been here for 15 years, and I don't recall it being that cold before.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Oh, my, the sweater is absolutely gorgeous! I love the color and the subtle squares created by the stitch pattern. Enjoy wearing it...your friends will be envious!

4:00 AM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Peg, that sweater is so very lovely and will be stunning on you! OK, you have me convinced about the beret, I'll be making a red one soon for an Auntie of DH's, yet another holiday knit and sounds so much quicker than a pair of socks,eh?
Love the story about the wee lad and the snowman, I've made many snowfolk on my own, with my children and now grandchildren, but we don't get lots of snow down here, as you know. I truly love having a snow day and being snowed in, a big time favourite here.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

Love your sweater Peg. You have been very productive lately! Its fun to see all your knits completed. What size beret did you make? I noticed they had two sizes in the pattern.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

The sweater looks fantastic, just right for this time of year.

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting