Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Christmas Came Early and I must have been a very good girl!



My oh my, but Marianne from Tulsa, OK and of www.knotminding.blogspot.com is a super swapper!! She is simply the best, better than all the rest - thanks for those lines, Tina! I did not try to link her blog, as I tried that this morning on another blog, and it did not seem to work for me!!

There are two kinds of tea, soap, lavender herbal bath, lavender sachet, beautiful lavender blue CASHMERE DK yarn from Sarah's Yarns (www.sarahsyarns.com), sugar free bars - one is already opened and a bit eaten - delicious! The tea mug - how did she know that I usually drink my tea from a mug - unless I am feeling a little down and then I get out my Mom's china tea cups and reminisce. However, the blue,green and cream tea mug will get lots of use, Marianne. The lavender note cards will only be used for very special people - they are beautiful and so different! She sent me some patterns, but wait for it - A set of 5mm short bamboo needles from Crystal Palace - how did she know I coveted these? She also made me some stitch markers with little lavender roses and silver - sure will look better than the safety pins I am currently using. Once this note is posted, I will put on the new stitch markers on my second beret. All the goodies are sitting on a beautiful Egyptian cotton tea towel with a bird. She had to know I feed the birds all year long to send me this, don't you think!

Now here is something she made and I am hoping if I grovel enough she will let me in on the pattern. It is a beautiful felted wee bag - perfect for the stitch markers. Also, I think it will use up lots of the fingering weight yarn left over from socks - perfect and I did not know what to do with all those little balls - now I know!!


Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Marianne, you did a wonderful job of putting together a package that delights me no end. It actually could not have arrived at a more perfect time - I am no fan of winter and it is very cold and snowy at the moment. I was feeling a bit down, but no more. Now I am a happy knitter. Thanks also to Ms. K of www.floknit.blogspot.com for organizing this wonderful swap. You did a good thing! It has been reaffirmed, knitters are just the best!

Guess what, I just used the spell check and it did not recognize knitter or knitters. Go figure that one!

7 Comments:

Blogger Marianne said...

Your pleasure pleases me, enormously, and you are so very, very welcome.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I can never get the spell check to work on blogger...maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Anyway, you sure got a lot of great things in your swap! I really love that cute little bag too!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

What a lovely package. I love the little bag too.

4:48 AM  
Blogger gwtreece said...

What a wonderful package to receive.

9:48 AM  
Blogger firefly said...

Wow, what a wonderful gifter you have. Your description of the goodies was a great read too!

Best,
firefly

10:17 AM  
Blogger Faren said...

Looks like great stuff! That little bag is very cute!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

Yay! What treasures you've received! Glad to see Marianne took such good care of you. :0)

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting