Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Full Needles!

I have a couple of projects on the needles just now. I am going to start my Not So Warm Sweater from Sally Melville this Sunday, so I hope to finish off the Branching Out Scarf, but the raspberry sweater is cotton and for summer, so it will be picked up from time to time. It is in garter stitch, as is the Not So Warm Sweater!











The beautiful blue cashmere in the Branching Out Scarf was gifted to me by Marianne and it is just so soft and easy to knit! It makes the cotton sweater seem like twine and a bit rough!







Our DS and DIL left today, so that made me sad, but it also made me drag out the vacuum while DH helped with the laundry and now the house is back to normal. It is a sunny day here today, so that meant I opened the windows, turned on the ceiling fans and blew away the blahs!! I got some fabric to make new toppers for the living and dining room windows, but I am a bit tired from the season, so those projects will be tackled next week. I also got some new black rods with a shepherd's crook on the ends to put the toppers on - all the fabric and hanging rods were half price! I love a change in the room - just like another breath of fresh air and I have been known to move furniture often - kept the family guessing - but it gives me a whole new outlook! I am not moving furniture this time around. Actually my bedrooms have one way for the furniture and that is it!

I feel much better today, even if a tad sad! However, my DS and DIL are so happy that I just cannot be sad for long. When my children were very young, I dreamed of them becoming prime minister at least, but as they got older, I dreamed of them being happy. I am happy to say that both my children - hardly children, really - are very happy! Our DS is 45 and our DD is 42 - how did I get these older adults, when often I feel about 30 myself?!

8 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Glad you're feeling better now. It does help that we've seen the sun a bit the last couple days.

Love the colours you're knitting with, especially the spring sweater.

And as for someone pretty much the same age as your children...when I watch nieces and nephews graduating form high school, I feel that the kids on the stage are around my age, so I guess it is all relative!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

It's always hard for the holidays to be over, and for everyone to go home. I do love, though, getting the house all "rid up" afterwards, and having everything bare and clean!

I love all the knitting you've been doing. The blue scarf is lovely! :0)

4:35 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

I'm glad to know that I am not the only one who gets sad when everyone leaves. My last son left yesterday so the house seems very empty with just the three of us. Its hard on out daughter when they leave too. But life goes on and so does the knitting. I decided a spring cardigan out of cotton would cheer me up so I ordered some yarn. Any excuse to order yarn hehe. I love the color of your not so warm sweater. I am looking forward to seeing it finished. I have decided my resolution this year is to try out more cotton yarn. Talk about a self-serving resolution!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I just finished a branching out scarf, which was my last project for 2006! I have a pic of it up on my blog (Kitten Knits Yarn), though you have to scroll down a couple of posts.

6:05 PM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

Your as young as you feel Peg! With all you get accomplished i'd say you're younger than me :)
I looove the blue in that branching out scarf. I may have to make one of those this year!

5:03 AM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Peg, the scarf is beyond lovely, I'm so glad you liked the yarn, it is a bit like heaven to knit up. I'm hoping that scarf is for yourself.
From what I hear...30 is supposed to be some kind of magical, perfect age. I told my daughter to pay extra attention to her upcoming year, :).

5:24 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

My Mum had the same feeling when she came to write in birthdays into her new calendar, she was quite alarmed at how old her children have suddenly become! She still claims to be 21!

I love the purple for your sweater, it looks very bright and cheerful.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Although my Mom works all day in her (and father's) reastaurant, although she can be so tired she can not keep her eyes open, she says she is always refreshed after spending time with her granddaughters (we are living some 90 km away from her, so we are together once in two months).
What I always wish for my girls are heatlth and happyness - money simply can't buy some things!

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting