Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

Usually at this time of year, I make resolutions! Not this year. I have made them and stuck to them and changed my lifestyle, but it is time to just enjoy life! I gave up on the diet resolution a few years ago and just did not eat anything made with sugar or never took a second helping. That was better than any diet. I did the resolution last year to not buy anymore yarn, and that was not for me. If I see a good buy and I can use it, I buy it!

Santa did bring me some beautiful yarn and a pattern - I will try the C3 cardi from knitty.com! I also got a gift certificate from my LYS and I will save that for something special!

I can tell from my writing today that I am having the post-holiday blahs. Do any of you suffer from this? I should be smart enough to know that this will happen and just get through it - it will pass!

I think I need to do a good clean up and tidy drawers, start the year fresh and that always makes me feel so much better. It does make DH a little concerned as I start packing up things for the Sally Ann and I am getting closer to his 'stuff', but I promise not to touch any of his goodies. However, I do have lots to sort through. My DIL is here and she is so good with choosing clothes, so we went to the Boxing Day Sales and I did very well! That should help chase away the blahs.

Happy New Year and Happy Knitting in 2007

7 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Hey Peg:

I agree with the post holiday blahs. I always get them especially when I am taking the decorations down. Boo hisss!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I hope you get over your blahs soon. They are no fun at all! I usually get the blahs around Februaryish, but that could be SAD (seasonal somethingorother disorder).

5:54 PM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

don't be blah peg! I'm ever so happy to see a post from you :)
Get this knitting needles out and show us more of your creations!

6:11 PM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

It's the snow. I don't have snow this year and I'm not blah. Clothes shopping is always a good way around it.

I've got to give up the sugar too! But I do love me some sweets. Didn't you miss sugar?

7:47 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

I understand those blahs, you just get through them the best you can and then it's Spring!
Glad to see you back, you've surely been having some good holidays with your son and DIL there with you.
I'm with you on the tidying up, I do that when I get a bit blue.
Everything will be alright.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Cornflower said...

"Blah" antidotes: a pretty bunch of flowers, some good chocolate, an absorbing book, happy music, lovely yarn....guaranteed to work!

2:30 AM  
Blogger Martina said...

I get abit of post holiday blahs too. This year mostly 'cause of the disorganization! Start bringing in some beautiful spring colours! And I agree flowers for sure!

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting