Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Ouch! I had two wisdom teeth out!

How I got to be nearly 67 and still have all my wisdom teeth is a puzzle even to my dentist. As we moved 23 times, you can be sure I have seen more than a few different dentists, but no one ever remarked on my wisdom teeth until the last few years.

My dentist put them 'on watch' about two years ago, but last visit he stated that the tooth was starting to crumble, and I was having the odd ache and twinge in the tooth! He referred me to a dental surgeon, and yesterday I came away minus two wisdom teeth!

I did not knit yesterday, as the drug to knock me out left the brain a little frazzled and it is hard to knit and hold an ice pack on your cheek! Today I have done some knitting and also some reading. The book I am reading is the latest Alexander McCall Smith book, "The Good Husband of Zebra Drive". It is the perfect read for someone who just wants to lie about and drink smoothies and warm soup!

This too shall pass and I will be back in full swing in the next 48 hours!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Cornflower said...

Oh, poor you, Peg! I know you'll be back up to speed before long, and with the wonderful Mma Ramotswe & co. to keep you amused and entertained, you'll soon be right as rain.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hey Peg:

Glad to hear that you are doing well. Makes me a little less scared of my surgery on June 7th. Sounds like you have the same trciky wisdom teeth that I have. My dentists through the years have always said they were not moving, the the dentist I saw here put me on notice that mine needed to come out. Yuck! Hope you are back to knitting soon!

1:07 PM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

gahhh I got all four of mine out on valentine's day.... luckily doctor Moose was very good and catered to my needs. Hope your swelling goes down soon and you'll be knitting like a banshee in no time.

3:40 PM  
Blogger KimK said...

Dear Peg, feel better soon! I'll be thinking of you.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Umm, smoothies and soup sound good, having to get your wisdom teeth out to get them, doesn't! Hope you are being waited on hand and foot by DH - enjoying some relaxation sans knitting needles!!!
Be well soon dear Peg -
Hugs, Mary.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

That's no fun. The soup and smoothie part sound alright though. Hope you feel better soon.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Dear Peg - I hope you're doing better by now?

Although I'm quite sure that you wouldn't agree with me right now, let me tell you that you're happy to have had your wisdom teeth all of these years. Mine (all four of them) were taken out when still lying hidden away in my jaw. And sometimes I really feel a lack of wisdom :)

Get well soon, dear Peg!!

12:58 AM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Poor love, it's really traumatic getting wisdom teeth out. Been there, done that. Spoil yourself more than somewhat, give yourself treats over the next few days. Let the trauma subside gradually (I'm not joking, it is serious enough). Knit what you feel like knitting and don't if you don't want to.

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting