Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Thursday, May 17, 2007

So you think you will be able to wear this?
Sometimes while I am knitting, I think that I will never be able to wear my project. While in process, knitting can sometimes look like a blog and it takes a leap of faith, or belief from past experience, that this will be something you will be pleased to wear.

My Picovoli, from Grumperina, is shown above in a beautiful rose pink Debbie Bliss Cathay. This is the yarn that is called for in the pattern and I had the exact amount in my stash. I had copied this pattern moons ago. I always have a fear that if I don't copy the pattern that I like when I see it, it might be gone when I do want to make it. Anyway, the pattern and the yarn have come together and it is a pleasant knit, even if the Cathay does tend to 'unspin' and can be split in the stitch! I have chosen to make the 'picot' edging. If I can eke out enough yarn (I will try it on for length), I want to pick up the 'sleeve' stitches and do a bit of short row work to make a bit of a sleeve cap.

I have a chocolate brown summer skirt and I have seen yarns on different blogs with browns, pinks and cream, so I might just be near the cutting edge of what is in fashion with my pink Picovoli and brown skirt! The brown/pink/cream combination reminds me of Neopolitan ice cream that was around when I was younger - probably still is, but I have not bought it in eons. Do any of you remember buying ice cream in 'bricks'. It was a 'box' that the ice cream was in and you could pull the sides of the box down and 'slice' off portions of ice cream and then you would really see the blending of the colours! Perhaps I am older than most of my readers, so buying ice cream in bricks is not something you know about! As my children would say, "Was that in the good old days, Mom?"

I have a new visitor to the blog, and she lives north of me, here on the Island. Thanks for visiting, Kate, and perhaps we can meet in person when you next visit my LYS.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

That is a pattern I have looked at many times, can't wait to see it finished. I love the colour! Sounds like you will be very fashionable with the brown and pink.
Thanks for the comments over at River Stitch. Will have to try and hook up one day at the yarn store -- yours down there are much better than our one in town.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Peg, the colour is very pretty and I think it will look fabulous with the chocolate brown!
Yes, I remember the 'bricks' of ice-cream...you can still get it in boxes down here....
I hope you and Kate can meet up sometime soon, that's always so much fun!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Secret Knitter 2007 said...

Haven't checked your blog out in a little while, so I've been scrolling through the last several posts. Peg, you are doing (and have done) some very beautiful knitting, and made some gorgeous garmets! Way to go!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Cornflower said...

A work in progress can look unpromising, but I know it'll be great when it's finished, Peg.

5:18 AM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

we used to get our icecream like that at school dinners. Every so often we would get icecream and chocolate custard sauce yummmmm
I wish ice cream was still like that, much easier to dish out!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Sorry Peg, But I have tagged you. (only if you want to be tagged)Read my blog for rules.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting