Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Even the lady in the yarn store gets comments!My last post about less than nice comments got me the most comments ever. I was in my LYS today - actually to buy a 3mm bamboo circ about 60 - 80 cm long - and I mentioned to her about comments people make. She is a beautiful knitter, gives classes, and her daughter owns the yarns store, and she also gets these snort of 'snarky' comments! What is it about people who don't craft? Yarn Harlot calls them 'muggles'.

Thanks for the comments - I will continue to knit and just comment nicely - maybe I can offer them knitting lessons. I still think my Mom was right - say something nice, or don't say anything!!

I included the photo of the witch hazel in bloom, just so you could see the old colour of our house. The painting is going well, but bad news - the front of our house is the weather side and at least four windows need replacing - one is in rough shape, and the other three are not far behind. This we had not bargained for, but we will just go to the window shop, have them then come out and measure up and then we will have new windows. The current windows have wooden frames, but they would be terribly expensive, so perhaps it will be vinyl - like the picture window in the picture (which is on the back of the house)! If we go with vinyl, that will mean replacing six windows in the front and then my DH wants to have a real good look at the windows in the back - "while we are at it" - to see if they need replacing - well you know how it goes. Owning a home is a life time committment. You know you own a home when your car automatically wants to turn into Home Depot or other DIY outlets!!

I did buy a bit of yarn on the sale table and also the pattern and some yarn for the Fibre Trends Hedgehog!! It is rather cute and I have wanted to make one for some time. I am still a child at heart. I did not have a teddy bear as a child, and so about 15 years ago, I decided to make teddies (jointed) and after making about 85, I had that out of my system. I can promise you there will not be anywhere near even 5 hedgehogs! Maybe I should be careful what I say!

10 Comments:

Blogger Martina said...

The tree is beautiful! Owning a house can be such a pain at times can't it.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Good luck with the hedgehog. I love Fibertrend patterns. I loved about your 85 teddy bears. I'm feeling like I might get up into those numbers with my bunnies.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Cornflower said...

85 teddy bears???
Good luck with all your window replacement - I hope it won't cause too much mess and disruption inside!

5:32 AM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

I thought it was yellow yarn on the tree. Silly me!

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we moved to the Valley we replaced all the windows in our house. Big job but well worth it.

Hedgehogs? sounds interesting, I'm anxious to see a picture

10:54 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Some people can be so thoughtless with their comments. I put it down to insecurity or jealousy. You knits are beautiful, so don't let the snarks get you down.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

dyftdyftPeg, I'm commenting again so I can tell you where I got my bunny pattern. I bought it from
Fuzzy Mittens
She has some other cute patterns too. I like that she doesn't have you sew millions of pieces together when you're finished.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

I love Witch Hazel and sorry to hear you have extra expense on the house, isn't it always the way. We too will need new windows at the front in the not so distant future :(
Look fwd to seeing the Hedghog'S ;)

11:44 AM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

I will admit with Laurie that I wondered for a moment if those witch hazel flowers were real or yarn! That's because we never get them as spectacular as that over here.

Don't we all want the things we didn't have as a child? Can't wait to see your hedgehogs!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Nan said...

I have never seen a witch hazel tree. In fact, I didn't even know there was such a thing. Kinda like city kids who don't know milk comes from a cow. :<) You know what I thought at a first, very quick glance - I thought it was yarn which someone had tied on a tree.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting