Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I've been tagged!

Here goes for 8 things about me that are habits, or perhaps strange. I was tagged by Jan.

I will try to post 8 things, but I did tell Jan that I will not pass it on. I never pass on chain letters either.

1. I do not pass on chain letters. There that was easy!

2. I love to read, but I love to be read to even better. Thus my love of my MP3 player and audio books!

3. I used to be a hooker - come on now - out of the ditch - I was the kind that hooked rugs!

4. I have snow white hair - my Mom died at almost 90 and she had very little white in her hair. My Dad had white hair, but very little of it.

5. I wanted to be a Home Economics teacher - now known as Family Life Studies!

6. I never wanted to be a nurse.

7. I used to do cross stitch, crewel, gross point and petit point and quilt and sew most of my children's and my own clothes!

8. I use the name - Wool in my soup - because I used to dye old woolen clothes from thrift shops in a big old soup kettle for my rug hooking!

There, I did it, but now I read them they are not very interesting to me. However, they may be interesting to other people!

Here is the Picovoli sweater on the model. The picot edging did sort of 'shrink' the neck opening and the sleeve length, but I am happy with the sweater. I probably could have knit a size smaller, but I do not like things that are 'snug'.

9 Comments:

Blogger Frieda said...

Beautiful sweater ,the colour is very becoming . Nice to know how your blog title came about .

3:53 PM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

Once again, you hit/knit another one out of the ball park!

I'll bet it would look lovely under a jacket.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oooh - yo are so pretty in the pink Picovolli! I think I will get going on one for me!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Peg-woolinmysoup said...

You are right, Laurie. It will probably go under a jacket - I have a great jean jacket that will be great!
I am knitting a bit of lace now - a jacket from Garnstudio book 101, pattern 32 and also another Elizabeth Zimmerman simple baby sweater from the Knitter's Almanac and also Rib Warmer Vest #7. That will be the last RW for a bit, I think!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I enjoyed your list Peg!
Picovolli looks great! I had forgotten about that pattern, maybe I will knit it at some point.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

I did a meme too and didn't pass it on :)
I wanted to be a Domestic Science (that's what they were called here in the UK then , don't know what they arre called now)teacher too and was even going to college until my Mam became ill and I had to go home to look after her. I did become a teacher though amongst other occupations I've done!!
I too used to do cross stitch, crewel,petit point and sew all my own clothes and the kids too.Never done any hooking as yet but there is still time ;)
Lovely story of how you got your name too
That top does look great on you love the picot edge

9:37 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

The color of your sweater goes with your coloring so well! It looks very comfy too. Thanks for the 8 things. I always wanted to know how you got your blog name!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

I love all these tidbits about you, Peg, and you look great in the Picovoli! I really like the edging. :0)

12:02 PM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

OK, Peg, you have relieved my mind mightily (and you too, Artis-Anne). I enjoy getting 'tagged' by other bloggers but don't agree with the 'must pass this on to seven others without delay' bit, so never knew what to do. Now you have shown me, and so simply! Thank you.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting