Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Never Have A Muffin and Hot Tea Tasted So Good!

I am back to solid food! My tummy, as I write, is rocking and rolling over the delight of having solid food to work with. I did not mind the prep, but I love to eat and had nothing solid since Tuesday! Once I came out of the fog - the drug they give you is the 'date rape' drug - I was asked if I would like a muffin and coffee or tea. I do not eat baked goods with sugar, usually, but I was so hungry I did not ask if it was sugar free or not! It tasted so good and tea with milk - well that was a true treat! Cannot have milk when you are on a clear fluid diet!

I did go to my LYS today and got some Brittany wooden needles. I have been knitting Ultra alpaca on steel needles, and it is just too easy to drop stitches. I must say that knitting with wood is my preference - it must be because my Dad ran a lumber mill and I spent a good deal of the first three years of my life in the cook house of a lumber camp - but I love the smell, feel and look of wood. My Mom was the cook in the lumber camp! If we were younger, we would build a timber frame house, but I can just add things that are wooden and stay in this house. After moving 24 times, I really want to get my roots deep into the soil! I also picked up some SARI cotton. The label is odd - it says Combed, Mercerized, Double Gassed - what does that mean. I got4x50 gm balls in a soft mauve and four in a soft light grey/blue. They were on sale for $2.00 a ball. I also asked about the pattern for the little hats for children that are strawberries, watermelons or pumpkins! It was a handout from my LYS and so I got some Red and Green to make a strawberry hat for my best friend's granddaughter!!

Thanks for your thoughts. I want to remind you all to have regular mammograms and if you are older and have a history in your family of bowel cancer - have a screening colonoscopy. It is much easier to deal with cancer when it is detected early. Now I will step down off my soap box!

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Glad you could enjoy some food again Peg.I love wood ,in fact wood resins are my favourite scents from pine to Frankincense .I use pure oils as French perfumes give me headaches.I must get some Brittany needles at the moment I am using Bamboo.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting