Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Happy Canada Day from a very proud Canadian!

Here is my Saturday Sky contribution! See the Canadian flag flying on my house! It is an absolutely beautiful day here today. We have eaten both meals so far out in the garden and tonight we will have dinner outside and raise a glass to our country! We will probably also raise a glass to the USA on July 4th - anymore countries with holidays that want us to raise a glass - just let me know. We brought home a bottle of Texas wine from our holiday, so perhaps that will be the glass contents on the 4th.



I went to my LYS this week to pick up some needles, as I mentioned, and who could resist cotton yarn on for $2.00 a ball. Here it is in its goodness!



I read on Yarn Harlot's blog about caps for babies to encourage mom's to breast feed. Well, now I have the pattern and some yarn!

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

We couldn't ask for a more beautiful Canada Day weekend, could we? It should be a nice night to enjoy the fireworks here in CR.

Brenda

4:34 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Happy belated "Canada Day" .I can only think of St George's Day which you missed ( April 23rd) which no-one in England bothers about much.A lot of hung heads here today as you might imagine .It was the anniversary of The Battle of The Somme yesterday which calls more for prayer and reflecting how awful the carnage in the 20th century was .

11:34 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Thanks for your kind words on my blog.

It looks like the weather was perfect for Canada Day. Hope you had a good one.

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting