Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Picchu Picchu is completed - Hooray!

Here I am in the garden wearing Picchu Picchu! The sleeves are a bit long, so I turned the cuff over! Not a problem and I know I have shrunk in height, but even sweaters in stores are now longer in the sleeves, and pants are longer in the legs. Is it me, or do others find the same thing! Anyway, I loved PP when I first saw it and I still do!


I knit it with Ultra Alpaca and it is very, very warm. Once fall and winter arrive, it will get a good wearing! My DH and I attend many things that are perfect for wearing a nice pair of black pants and a top/blouse. The sweater will be a wonderful addition and the only real problem is the fact that it is a bit 'itchy' and I will need to wear a long-sleeved top under it! I really like the button - my DIL helped me choose it and she was right - the sweater needed the statement of a perfect button! No more sweater knitting this summer, unless it is a baby sweater!

I got some valuable help today from Kelly of Celtic Cast On
One of the reasons I blog is to show my work and learn about knitting. The other reason is to learn how to navigate around my computer. Thanks, Kelly, for the help!

I CONFESS!! I broke my promise - and has only been two days! I wanted to knit a little strawberry hat for a friend's granddaughter and I only had wool! Cannot have a summer hat in wool, so I bought some wonderful cotton in red and also a green for the stem and leaves. While looking at the red and green, I saw a wonderful orange - got to make a pumpkin hat too! My resolve was not very strong!

I found out about another blogger here in my town from Brenda of Close To My Heart who lives north of me - about a half-hour drive. Lisa of My Daily Distractions
is the blogger in my town - how did I make this so confusing. Anyway, we three bloggers/knitters are trying to set a date to go visit Shelley at Fun Knits on Quadra Island for a visit/shop! Now you can see my dilemma - how could I go to the shop with two new friends and not buy something as a memory of our first time together. Any knitter worth her salt will understand my problem and know the solution to said problem instantly!

4 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

I hope it will work out for the three of us to get together, should be alot of fun. And yeah, I'm sure we'll all leave with yarn!
Your new sweater looks great!

5:42 PM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

I knew it! I knew you'd crack and on the second day too! LMAO!
You are tooo funny!
I'm happy that you have some knitting friends, now if I could find one I'd be all set
Your P.... sweater is gorgeous and the button is DEFINATLEY perfect. She will definatley get lots of wear this fall and winter!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hey - thanks for the comment. I am really looking forward to heading up there. We should work on a day that would work for all of us. I always have a car - so no big deal. I would drive if you are comfortable wiht that. I added you to my bloglines so I can catch up on what you have been working on.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Love it..pity it itches .Maybe anything would if it's very hot and you won't notice when it's really cold.The button is a lovely highlight .

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting