Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Wool Peddler's Shawl!

I am currently knitting the WPS. It has been an easy knit - row upon row of garter stitch, perfect for knitting at jazz concerts! Now I am on to the 'lacy' part and I found the directions a bit confusing. However, I looked it over and then just went for it - seems to be working out.

You know, knitting patterns are a lot like recipes. Some are not written for the inexperienced knitter or cook. You must be able to read a lot between the lines! I am not saying the pattern is poorly written, but just that there is 'writing' between the lines that only comes from experience.

Would you believe I have never knit a Clapotis? Well, I think that may be the next project. I had been mulling over what to knit with the Fleece Artist Silk Stream and at one point it was going in favour of the Flower Basket Shawl, but that would have left a lot of yarn over and perhaps not enough left to make something else. I was reading My Daily Distractions blog and she was knitting a Clapotis, so the idea hit me that Silk Stream would be perfect for that project! Sometimes while knitting one project, we come up with plans for another and often letting the yarn stew a bit on the shelf makes for a better project!

3 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

I've never tried a Clapotis either .I just got a pattern for a Lucy Neatby shawl but it's fair-isle not lace.I am looking forward to the time to knit it if I didn't have three projects on the go.Oh dear sorry Peg ( Holly is logged on this time...gets confusing !).Angie of Knittingand rfk.

5:35 AM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

ummm whats the wool peddlers shawl?? did you show us before and I'm just stunned???
OSW pattern isn't actually in a book, its online at glampyre.com I think its 4 something for the pattern and you just save it to your computer.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

I love the Clapotis pattern myself, and have been planning to start one. Just haven't got there yet. I do have some lovely KnitPicks Shimmer all set aside for it, though. You've motivated me to move it up the list :0)

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting