Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thanks to Karen! You saved my shawl!
Here is my completed Pi Shawl! I really like it and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the yarn that Karen sent to me. I do have to apologize to Karen, as I cannot remember her blog name, and I had just done a clean up of my blogs on Bloglines!

I knit it with 6+ skeins of Lang Jawoll sock yarn! I knit it on a 4 mm circular needle. The edging is from the Spanish Christening Shawl in Cheryl Oberle's Folk Shawls book. I love the design and would knit it as an edging again.

Do any of you ever restrict the time you spend reading blogs and checking our knitting shops on line? I sometimes just have to pull away, as I think, "Darn, look at all the time I could have been knitting!"

I also got my IK Fall 2007 today. I have only just perused it, but I think I will knit the Cobblestone sweater by Jared Flood of Brooklyntweed blog. He is currently knitting a beautiful afghan! He has done some fantastic knits from Elizabeth Zimmermann patterns, so you know I like his style right away. Anyway, if you don't go to his blog, go and take a look!

12 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

The shawl is beautiful Peg!
I know what you mean about reading blogs etc., I often feel the need to pare down my bloglines. It is so easy to waste too much time on the computer.

7:18 PM  
Blogger CreeksideKnitter said...

Though time is spent reading blogs, I don't begrudge the time. I have few face-to-face knitting acquaintances, and would never have discovered so many wonderful patterns and fibers without perusing the Blogdom.

By the way, is this Karen's blog?

needlesandwool.com

I am thrilled to see you were able to get the last bit of yarn. Beautiful work!

Would you share the pattern name for the jade sweater, s'il vous plait?

8:24 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Oh Peg, that was so worth the wait!! It is such a rich colour, and just gorgeous. I hope you will get lots of wear from it.

I work on my computer at home, so blog reading is my little break-time!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Stunningly beautiful shawl, Peg. What a wonderful lady Karen is!

I love Jared's Cobblestone Sweater and his blog is one of my all time favourites.

5:34 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Jared does such beautiful work...as do you! The shawl is a work of art!

7:24 AM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

Oh, that is so nice! Great job Peg. How big across did the shawl end up being?

I loved that sweater too. He's the one who inspired me to get the wool for the Urban Aran. I hope it makes my husband look that sexy. ;-)

9:13 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Wow - the shawl is so beautiful. You have done such a great job. Aren't blogs the best for help?

I think that I am going to have to look a little harder at the EZ books - I love all the WIPS I am seeing lately.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

I'm so glad Karen shared the yarn to let you finish this beautiful shawl. I can't even tell where you fixed it! Lovely piece of knitting!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Wow, you not only received your yarn already...you finished your shawl too! It looks wonderful and I'm happy I was able to help you out Peg. :) I received my yarn the other day too and LOVE it. Thank you again for being so very generous. Both skeins are just beautiful.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Where's my IK, where's MY IK? Got Vogue Knitting, oddly enough, since that usually takes an additional month or more, but for the first time, IK isn't here straight away. And it's one I want so much! Don't torment me with little snippets, Peg, you know how it maddens!

7:36 AM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

...and now I return after spending a whole half hour enjoying the Drops free pattern site! Thank you for the link, Peg! (where did the time go?)

7:49 AM  
Blogger gail said...

Your Pi shawl is a prize. How cozy it must be. I also made a shawl out of some Jawoll sock yarn. I loved it. Unfortunately, I lost it. I can't believe that I lost it. I will go to my grave believing that it is someplace in my house, hiding. I hope your Jawoll shawl stays firmly in your sight at all times!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting