Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Can anyone out there help me?

I forgot to mention in the previous post that I am looking for a skein or part skein of Lang Jawoll colour # 820164. I am not fussy about the dyelot, but mine is 46188. I tried to get some from an out of country source, and it would have cost me $15.00 for shipping. That is a heavy price to pay for a skein of yarn!

Thanks, Peg

PS If you know of any yarn shops in Canada that carry Lang Jawoll, let me know and I will write and see if they can help!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Hey Peg - give Mad About Ewe a call in Nanaimo - I am pretty sure they carry it! I am heading there next Friday - so I would grab it for you if it is there!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Hi Peg. The shawl is looking lovely.

I know that Yarn Forward in Ottawa carries Jawoll, and they do mail order: http://www.yarnfwd.com/ca/index.html

I'd check there for you, but I don't think I'm going to get a chance to get back there before the move.

Good luck!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

You might try Red Bird Knits- in Toronto -she carries Lang, and her supplier may have the right yarn for you. Good luck-it looks beautiful!!!

6:46 AM  
Blogger kate said...

Hi peg-

I'm down the street from Yarn Forward in Ottawa - if you need me to go look for your skien just let me know in my comments.

Great shawl!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Peg...I know that Judy at The Knitter carries Lang Jawoll, try her.

http://theknitter.com/yarn-lang-jawoll-superwash-color.html

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting