Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Lesson Learned!

Thanks to those who are trying to find me some yarn. I thought I had found a source for the yarn, but I now have learned that Jawoll has discontinued that colour - 820164 and so my chances of finding any are slim.

However, all is not lost. You know those little spools of reinforcement thread that come with the skeins - if all else fails, pray that it is enough to finish the shawl. Since it is a round shawl I would carefully fold it with the odd bit underneath - works for me!!

Necessity and no more yarn of a certain colour makes a knitter become very inventive!

NO, NO, do not even tell me to frog it back and make the border smaller - it is just not going to happen in my life time!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Fun Knits said...

HI Peg
I am going to post this request for sock yarn to the Sock yarn sales list on the internet and maybe we can find it. Someone is bound to have that colour in their stash
Shelley

6:33 PM  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Oh my Peg what a shame I do hope someone out there can help you. I have never heard of the yarn I will keep my fingers x

12:23 AM  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Another thought,if you are unable to get any yarn the only thing I can think of is dyeing more undyed sock yarn to match ? I would willing try for you if would send me a sample

12:31 AM  
Blogger Cornflower said...

Here in Scotland we have a marvellous 'old-fashioned' newspaper called The Sunday Post in which requests for yarn always feature. but modern technology allows us to go beyond the circulation of a paper, and surely, with the might of the internet, something can be found to help you finish your shawl, Peg?
Fingers crossed!

2:58 PM  
Blogger CreeksideKnitter said...

I see some of your dye color on Ravelry. karenc has 2 skeins in her stash. Maybe she'd help you out.

http://www.ravelry.com/people/Karenc/stash/jawoll-color-2

Hope you can find some soon, Peg!

9:08 PM  
Blogger CreeksideKnitter said...

ps

By the way, karenc's blog is at

http://needlesandwool.com

and she's got a stash sale going on.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting