Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Saturday, July 15, 2006

A Beautiful Blue Sky with one persistent little cloud!

Well, it is amazing how quickly Saturday rolls around and you think about photographing the sky! From grey last Saturday to beautiful blue this weekend with a little cloud left over from the past few days!



I also finished and blocked Wool Peddler's Shawl! It took very little blocking and perhaps I might have knit it on larger needles, but I am happy with the project. I think some of the shawls are just too large for my liking and I worry about getting them caught in furniture, shrubs, etc. and pulling them when I sit on them! I wanted to have the shawl in the sunshine, but the photographer said it was easier to take it in the shade. Hard to photograph the back of a shawl you are wearing!!



I am now working on Clapotis. I feel I may be one of the few who have not knit this project. I am enjoying the knitting, just not enjoying working with so many stitch markers! As a great knitter/blogger says, "It is all about the process".

Thanks for all the great birthday wishes!

3 Comments:

Blogger CelticCastOn said...

HOLY MOLY LADY!!!
That was a super fast project! Keep that up your going to be needing to buy more yarn!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

I love the shawl, you did an amazing job! Beautiful colour, it just suits you somehow.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

It's really lovely Peg.

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting