Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, July 17, 2006

Clapotis!

I have been reading many blogs now for a long time and it seemed there were three patterns that everyone was knitting - Jaywalker Socks - knit 2 pair so far; Tivoli - maybe; clapotis - finally saw one and thought why not! I must admit that I do not have any stitch markers, so safety pins to the rescue.

Here is my version of Clapotis knit with Fleece Artist Silk Stream



Standing on the scarf is a snowman I am making for my DIL. I bought a kit from Sealed With a Kiss that was put together by Wool in the Woods (www.woolinthewoods.com) and he (the snowman) has been fulled. He needs a bit of a trim, some eyes, mouth and then knit a tonque and scarf! Oh yes, a bit of stuffing will help. It was an interesting knit, as you knit two semi circles, and then picked up stitches around the curved edges and knit on 4 dpns. You would decrease at his 'waist', increase for his 'chest' decrease at the 'neck' and then increase for the 'head'. You picked up stitches on the 'face and knit the little carrot nose!

I made two friends while visiting our son and DIL in Oklahoma, so I just might send them two small Canadian snowmen. They could use a snowman now, as it is over 100 degrees! Hot, Hot, Hot!

I am wondering about variegated yarns these days. I, personally, am getting a bit tired of them. I know, they make some beautiful projects, but I am starting to want plain coloured socks more and more! After a few pair of 'plain jane' socks, I will probably use variegated yarn again!

5 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Thought I would come over and check out the Clapotis- I think it looks lovely (I really like the Silk Stream) Tell me- what is the colourway of that one? Did you see that Hand Maiden has come up with some "mostly solid" colours? I can see a sweater in your future!!!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Safety pins are refect and don't cost £100.00s for four...okay I exaggerate.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

Clapotis is coming along beautifully! I think like in all things, we want variety. How fortunate we are that there are so many different yarns, colours and fibers available to us!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Oh dear ..the heat ,make that "perfect"

11:18 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

I like the yarn for your clapotis, it will be wonderful when it's finished.

The snowman is super cute.

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting