Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Looking at my Saturday Sky with EGG on my face!



Today is overcast with a very nice breeze. A perfect day for sailing, so I am sure our little harbour is busy with boats dashing to and fro. It has cooled off here after a rather warm spell, so it is a welcome relief!

Now for the EGG on my face! I emailed, phoned, begged, sniveled, etc. about my shortage of Silk Stream for Clapotis - once known as "Clapped Out", but now it is okay! Yipee - I think it was Robyn from Red Bird Knits who pointed out to me that I could shorten it before starting the decrease portion of the shawl! Did I read that bit before or during the knitting - maybe, perhaps, not sure, doubtful - whatever fits! Anyway, she became my guardian angel by saying she read in the pattern that I could shorten it! Dah! I did frog back several rows before the decrease bit and now I am happily knitting again. I don't know why I didn't sit down and re-read the pattern, but sometimes other eyes see things we don't see! Thank you, Robyn!

I am including a picture of Cardoon that is blooming in my garden! It reminds me of those fibre optic lamps and trees, but I love the colour of the 'filaments'. It stands over eight feet tall and has another large Cardoon standing beside it. I babied them through last winter, but those big plants are on their own this winter. One I did not baby is a reasonable size!! What looks like water in one photo is actually the street! Lived very near the ocean once, and would love a view of it, but never again want to have to hose down the windows at least once a week due to salt spray! There are even slight problems in what we think of as Paradise!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

There's always a way round the problem, isn't there, Peg? But no harm to make acquaintance with a few ways of obtaining more stash anyway... You never know what you might find.

If you find my yarns and send me a question (any question) you can show your email safely that way and I can respond. Then we can talk yarn (or should I say we can yarn?) WANT that silk seaweed!
Jo
celticmemoryyarns.blogspot.com

3:27 PM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

And I've just read your 66th birthday posting, Peg (not that far behind you!) and am absolutely right on in there with you on the belief that you should live life to the full, avoid negative people and fill each day with wonder. I'm swimming again too, and have rediscovered so much joy in this new invention called weblogging. No, we don't know what tomorrow will bring - but today is here to be enjoyed.

12:43 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Those Cardoons are beautiful ,they'd make a lovely painting .

1:42 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Thank goodness you worked out a way to get round it. The yarn is extremely pretty and it would have been a real shame to frog it. I can't wait to see it finished.

I have finally got my act together and added you to my bloglines, I thought I'd done it already, but hadn't. They're no getting rid of me now ;)

3:04 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

Whew! So glad to hear the crisis is averted, and looking forward to seeing your Clapotis!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Fiberjoy said...

Is the Cardoon related to the artichoke?
We like to leave a few artichokes to flower for the bees and hummingbirds.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Lene said...

I'm glad your Clapotis is making it through. And those Cardoons look beautiful but also very exotic to me!

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting