Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Saturday Sky!


It is beautiful here today, but very warm. It appears to be that way all over North America and Europe! I will not complain about the heat, as our son and DIL are in Oklahoma City and it was 109 degrees there on Thursday. There is a grape vine sticking out from our pergola, which I was standing under when I took the photo!

Looked warm for the Tour de France today, but Floyd came back big time. I did not have a favourite, but when he came back from his disastrous day on Thursday to be up at the top on Friday, I knew who I would cheer for. Go Floyd!

Taking a little break from knitting today and doing some reading! Tired of all the stitchmarkers on Clapotis, so I cast on a cotton 'strawberry' hat for a little girl!

3 Comments:

Blogger Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Seems funny to comment on my own blog, but I just might try that Dicentra. I tried to go to your blog, but was not able to. Thanks for visiting my blog. I just completed a strawberry hat and had it in the mail before I realized that I did not take a picture! Darn!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I can't say I am watching The Tour de France but I did worry about the heat for the riders. I feel like I'm competing just staying awake ...England is going to have to adopt air-conditioning .How I wish I had planted a fig tree now a friend's just two streets away is doing great.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Peg, I'm just starting a complicated lace cropped cardigan (free pattern from Elann) and already have so many stitch markers in that the whole thing is rattling! Hate the darn pests! It's a bit cooler here in Ireland, but not much - very unusual for us. Love your snowman and love Vancouver Island - say hallo for me to any whales you might see.
Jo
celticmemoryyarns.blogspot.com

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting