Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Friday, July 28, 2006

My Prayer to the Knitting Goddess!

Oh, Oh, Oh, and why did it happen to me - I am short about 15 yards of Fleece Artist Silk Stream for my Clapotis! Please dear Goddess could you find time to help me in my hour of need. I promise I will not call on you too often - I always buy one ball extra, but this yarn is $45.00 a skein and I thought you might think it excessive to buy an extra skein at that price. Please save me from frogging a Clapotis that is one-half hour away from completion. I know, if you look closely, my tension is tighter for the last two inches or so. What is a girl to do? I was trying to make the Silk Stream go further and maybe, maybe, maybe, I just might have enough!

I have written to Fleece Artist at www.fleeceartist.com and also to Beehive Wool Shop in Victoria, BC (where I purchased the yarn) and my best help so far has been Deb at http://notprettytowatch.blogspot.com/ I do know how to make links, but when you type with your fingers crossed and hands raised in prayer to the Knitting Goddess, it is difficult to do everything.

And here for the Knitting Goddess are pictures of the yarn I need 15 yards of - if I have to, and only if I have to, I will buy an entire new skein. Did I say that? Must be the tearing out of my hair doing it, cause frogging a Clapotis that is almost finished is too much to think of just now!




Now dear Knitting Goddess (by the way what is your name?) I will even rename my Clapotis after you and make sure all who see my newly named Clapotis know how wonderful, gracious, restful, beautiful, peaceful and most of all HELPFUL you are to knitters who truly believe!

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

adding links is usually only a matter of typing them in Peg sometimes they light up ,when they don't I'm not sure why but folks can type them in . If you were to put a "help" note out on Yarn Harlot's blog with your blog address think of how many knitters you'd reach who might have some of that colourway.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Also Peg..I can post a picture of your skein on my two blogs with an S.O.S .I checked U.K E:BAY ..sdaly only lots of turquoise. E:mail me if you want me to post the pic. angie@taumaranui55.fsnet.co.uk

12:04 PM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Peg, I've highlighted your predicament on my weblog. And I've re-listed those yarns on eBay now. Just Google for Celtic Memory Yarns or look in the Handspun/Handpainted section. You can email me from that link.

Jo
celticmemoryyarns.blogspot.com

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting