Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Just A Little Hat!

I CO and knit a little peach/pumpkin hat yesterday for Cate, who is seen here wearing the strawberry hat I made for her, only to find out that this little girl really 'loves' hats! What a sweety! Cate and her Mommy are anxiously awaiting Daddy Pete's return from Afghanistan in two weeks. Had sent the little hat as something to cheer up their days, and it seems to have done the trick.

I just could not resist making Cate another hat. This one is a peach or a pumpkin. I guess at Halloween, her Mommy could put eyes and a mouth on the hat for a Jack-'O-Lantern! I am not thrilled with the way that the green carries behind the 'orange', but I did not want 11 little balls for each leaf and then all those ends to sew up! I don't think Cate cares, just so long as it is a hat. Both hats are made from cotton! The colour is really more a deep coral than the deep orange it appears in the photo.


I have currently got a new shrug on the needles. This one is being knit from the Garnstudio's Angora-Tweed in a beautiful soft grey and is for a Christmas gift! When I have knit more, I will include a photo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

Aw, what a cutie, she looks great in her hat. The pumpkin hat is fantastic.

Here's hoping the 2 weeks to her daddy's return go over quickly.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

Wonderful photo, and sweet hat! Isn't it funny how some little girls love hats, and others won't wear them at all? How fun to find a sweetie who so appreciates your work!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting