Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Knitting Taking Place Under A Blue Sky!


This is the sky from my back yard this morning! We have had such a wonderful stretch of sunny skies and warm weather. Now it is about 25C/74F during the day and about 12C/55F at night. A nice breeze will blow during the day and sometimes at night, but it really is perfect for sitting outside with my knitting.


I have now completed the fingerless gloves for my granddaughters. You will notice that on the red pair, I knit four more rows of the 4X1 ribbing. The others are not too short, but I thought a little length would be better! The purple pair do not show up as dark as they truly are and I think a lime green hat to go with them would be perfect! The red pair are not quite as orange. I read in another blogger's post about how difficult red and black are to photograph.



This is the first pair of felted clogs to knit. I have four guys to knit clogs for this Christmas, so I want to get started soon! I will start them once a little 'peach' hat is knit for Cate - a two year old who loves hats. I had knit Cate a strawberry hat and she loves it, so now it will be a peach hat for the little hat girl.


This is the back of the shrug for my DIL and then the front!
















Here is what I did with the little bit of left over yarn. One for me and one for my DIL! I stitched little pins to the back, so we can wear them on a jacket!




I am hoping the snowman I made for my DIL will help her and my son cool off a bit in hot and sunny Norman, OK.













I am sorry the words do not always line up perfectly with the photos, but I think you can get my drift! Sometimes what I preview while doing a post is not always what shows up on the blog! Still a lot of learning about blogging to do!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

What a perfect blue sky, it looks glorious.

Your fetching look fab. I thought they could do with a little more length too.

The shrug looks lovely and the pins are a great idea.

I often publish the post to see how it looks and then edit to move things around, the preview never looks anything like the final post.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Aren't we all learning on the weblogging front? I wish I knew how to jizz up my page with all kinds of buttons and links but it took me all my time to learn how to put on links to my friends! Sometimes I search Blogger Help, sometimes I email them, but usually I've sorted it by the time they reply. Still, I wouldn't be without their facility for the world - it's opened up a whole new interest for all us, hasn't it?

I love the shrug - did you tell us the pattern you used? And the bright mitts are so cheerful - you have great colour sense.
Jo
celticmemoryyarns.blogspot.com

3:21 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

The fingerless gloves look great! I'm sure they will be much appreciated. It's good to know about the length - I've been planning a few pairs, myself! And I've just purchased, online, some wool and the felted clogs pattern. Can't wait for it all to arrive!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

My goodness, you've been a busy knitter! I had better get myself moving!!!!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting