Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, August 07, 2006

Saturday Sky - Two Days Late!



The sky looked like it might not be a perfect day - but it turned into a more than perfect day! Unfortunately, we spent the day with our noses in paint cans, drip cloths and brushes!

A gal we know was getting married on Saturday, and by evening it was warm, calm and perfect for a beautiful couple to say, "I do!". They were married at her family home overlooking the Georgia Strait with the mainland mountains for a backdrop. If the wedding celebration went on until about 10:30, cruise ships on their way to Alaska or back to Vancouver would be seen in the Strait. Not a bad setting for a wedding.

Very little knitting happening, as my hands are sore and tired by nightfall. It is almost over, so the knitting will proceed again.

5 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Is this your charity work Peg ? You are good ,I get an instant migraine from paint .You are going to need some good hand-salve . Amazing cloud formation. Luckily it is cool enough to really get into my stash so I can get on finding all my little bits and pieces for my garden shawl.

4:39 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Lovely sky. It's a shame to be indoors on days like that.

4:51 AM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

I'm glad you posted I was starting to get worried about you.
The wedding sounds great!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

Sounds like a lovely wedding. What a nice sky photo!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

I really love that sky-pic - so sorry to hear that you had to be indoors on such a great day! But there's certainly more to come!

Dipsy D. http://www.millharrow.com/weblog

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting