Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Friday, September 29, 2006

A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words!

Here are some photos of Jo and me in Courtenay yesterday! We are both oblivious to all the cares of this world and just revelling in our new friendship. We have already set up an exchange of fibres!!





There is a photo of Jo and me meeting in the hallway down to my favourite LYS - Uptown Yarns. My DH, John, is watching the sheer pleasure of two bloggers meeting for the first time. In the photo of us walking, we are on our way to Hot Chocolates, very near my LYS. You can see my knitting peeking out of the bag! We showed each other our current projects, but we chatted so much that really it was all about friendship and love - for finding a woman who you knew was more like you than you could have imagined. Isn't Jo's smile just the best?

The top photo is of our first big hug! We both thought the other was short - we are about 5'7" and 5'8". Not short by today's standards, but the big hearts tell it all! I wish you all the joy of meeting a fellow blogger.

You can be sure the postal services of Ireland and Canada will be busy with packages of fibrey goodness and perhaps a bit of chocolate crossing the 'pond'. Oh yes, we have just had the most fantastic weather for Jo and Richard's visit and I hope they leave it behind when they leave for home. We will have rains here, but I hope not for a bit yet. Now off to pay a visit to the knitting needles!

5 Comments:

Blogger gwtreece said...

That is funny, you both thought the other one was short. All of the yarn is so pretty. Glad everyone had a fun and wonderful time.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Oh, that's great! I'm glad you two had so much fun.

12:20 PM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

awwww looks like you both had a fabulous time!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

Sounds like a really wonderful time! The photos of you two are great :0)

12:49 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

It looks and sounds like a lovely meet up.

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting