Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, September 25, 2006

Sweaters - Can A Gal Have Too Many?

I started on a sweater I had bought the yarn for in Oklahoma in June. It is Tilia from Elsebeth Lavold and it is done in Silky Wool by Elsebeth! I love the colour, and wonder of wonders, it actually looks great with the Goldilocks scarf I knit from Fleece Artist yarn and Sally Melville's book Knit 1.



It is a sweater to be worn outside pants and skirts and the design is of leaves - seems that cascading leaves are showing up in lots of patterns that I like and the ribbing sets the 'leaves' off. The leaves go up into the stockinette part of the sweater and I think the neck is a great design. Here is a close up of the leaf pattern.



Do you ever wonder if you will meet bloggers face to face, especially when they live in Ireland and you live on the West Coast of Canada? Well, it is my good fortune to have Jo of Celtic Memory Yarns coming to visit later in the week. I will take her to my two LYS and across the street from one of them is a chocolate shop - they make their own chocolates, ice cream, bread and pastries. Can you see us both sitting having a treat and talking fibers? I am so looking forward to her visit. Perhaps she can give me some hints on how to write with such conviction and have some beautiful photos to illustrate her homeland. I think she has worked on her journalism and shares her life with a professional photographer! Anyway, think of us this Thursday or Friday as we become acquainted and who knows, we may become good friends - a girl can never have too many handknit sweaters or knitting friends!

7 Comments:

Blogger Susanne said...

Welcome back! How was the reunion?
Hope it was loads of fun.

6:58 PM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

Silky wool is a lovely yarn. Just a joy to work with. I think you've chosen a beautiful color.

Hooray for international knit blogging!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

That's so pretty and the colour is gorgeous.

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the visit! Wool, chocolate and a new friend...does it get any better?

7:17 AM  
Blogger gwtreece said...

Enjoy the visit with Jo.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Welcome home! I love Silky Wool and that sweater is beautiful.

Sounds like a fun visit!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Peg, I'll be there at your LYS at 11 am tomorrow. BE THERE! Can't wait.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting