Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Thursday, September 28, 2006

I Just Can't Wait!!

I am off to meet another knitting blogger at my LYS!! It is Jo from Celtic Memory Yarns! Aren't I just the lucky one?!

We have only been blogging and visiting each others blogs for less than six months. How did we find each other? I think I wrote to Brenda and Jo read it and then looked at my blog. Now the question is how did she get to Brenda - I think she went to Fun Knits and this LYS is one that Brenda goes to, as it is very near her - then the question is how did she get to Fun Knits. Since Jo lives near Dublin and there seems to be a lack of fibre there, she does a lot of mail ordering! Anyway, she reached me, we struck up an email friendship and she is holidaying/working/stash enhancing/enjoying in my part of BC, she and I are to meet.

I think we will know each other from our photos. I am the tall one with white hair, and I get the feeling that Jo is not very tall, has brown hair and a beautiful smile. She will be the one with the armload of books and fibre! We also will visit a chocolate shop across from the yarn shop and then, hopefully, go to a new yarn shop in Cumberland - about a 15 minute drive from where my other LYS - Uptown Yarns - is located.

I will have some photos tomorrow of our visit! I am hoping we can get the husbands involved and perhaps have a meal together tonight. Oh, but this is wonderful.

Last year I made a resolution to find one good friend - I do have several now - and perhaps my resolution took a bit longer to come to fruition. I know I have met some wonderful knitters through this blog. There is always room for one more knitting friend - and she loves dogs too!

Think of us invading two yarn shops and a chocolate shop!!

3 Comments:

Blogger LaurieM said...

Tell her Hi and give her an extra smile for me. I hope you two have the best time!

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

Oh, Peg, I am so envious! I wasn't able to meet Jo when she was up here, and I was so sad about it :0( I hope you two have a most wonderful time together!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting