Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I Didn't Know I Had So Many Needles!

I have been thinking about organizing my needles for some time. I still am looking for a good, inexpensive way to store the circulars, but here is what I have done so far!



I bought some plastic 'sleeves' at the stationary shop with a means of securing the top. Who needs to pick up the book the wrong way and have an unruly porcupine at your feet! I did not realize I had so many duplications, but I inherited needles from my Mom and also a friend. Both were great sock knitters, so I have lots in the smaller sizes! I just wrote the size on a slip of paper and stuck it in with the needles. It is not fancy, but I hope it works. Time will tell!

Here is what I did with the needle sizing gauge. I just cut a slit in the front of the book - through the vinyl, but not the inner cardboard. I am continually losing the gauge! Now if I could only find a way to keep my measuring tapes at my finger tips.

1 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

That's a great idea! I keep all my circulars and DPNs in a plastic grocery bag, and have to rummage through with my size gauge every time I want a new sized needle. :0)

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting