Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, October 02, 2006

A Beautiful Scarf Made From Wood Fibre!



This scarf was made from the wonderful yarn that Jo brought to me from the Kerry Woolen Mills near her home. Like me, she did not have a high regard for viscose, but then she learned, and then told me, that viscose is made from wood fibre! Who knew? It has such beautiful drape and feel. It makes a beautiful Shape It Scarf from Sally Melville's book. It is the same pattern at the scarf I made from Goldilocks by Fleece Artist. I absolutely love the colour, feel and drape of the scarf. The fact that Jo gifted me the yarn makes the scarf even more special! The colour does not show up as I would like, especially as it is complimented by the mauves/purples and blues of the morning glories behind me. Thank you so much, Jo, I will wear it with many happy memories and think of my new Irish friend!

I have also been doing some knitting on Tilia by Elsebeth Lavold. Jo bought a book of Elsebeth's and I am betting she knits something from her book. I do love her patterns. I have shown you the book and pattern before, but here is the back and a partially completed front. The sweater is actually more of a jade colour than the blue it shows in the picture.

11 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Wow, did you ever get the scarf knit up quickly, and it looks lovely. I should knit that pattern sometime, I have the book and have not knit one thing from it yet.
Tilia is going to be gorgeous, love the colour of that too.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Peg, that scarf is utterly gorgeous and I am so proud to have had at least a very small hand in its making! Which book is this scarf in - you did tell me, but I forget.

7:37 PM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

That blue is a lovely vibrant color that makes you look lively and calm at the same time. Great choice!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hey Peg! The scarf is very nice. The colour is very flattering on you. Tilia is coming along really well. We should have coffee soon, or go to a knitting night.

Let me know what you are up to in the next week!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

That scarf looks lovely on you, what a fast knit! This sounds like a perfect way to remember your visit with Jo :0)

Tilia is looking beautiful - I can't wait to see the finished object.

9:49 PM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

super knitting! That was quick! What a beautiful addition to any outfit.
I'm loving Tilla, I can't wait to see more of it.

5:59 AM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

super knitting! That was quick! What a beautiful addition to any outfit.
I'm loving Tilla, I can't wait to see more of it.

5:59 AM  
Blogger gwtreece said...

The scarf looks great and it flew of your needles.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

I love her patterns too.

Wow, that tree knit up pretty! ;)

1:45 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

That scarf is so beautiful! And you are shining wearing it - so that's the secret of your good looking!
Tilia has such great lace stitces!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

The scarf is lovely. It's very pretty.

Tilia looks great so far.

4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting