Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Best Plans Sometimes Need Changing!

I have been busy knitting and swatching. I did finish a little red vest I was knitting. It is done with Sandnes Smart and I really like it. It is the same pattern as the Ultra Alpaca was knit from and I just did a little garter lace in the front. It is a bit small for the Red Sweater KAL, but I did show it and plan to really knit a red sweater.


I had to change my plans for the viscose evening sweater. I knit the swatch and found that it was the wrong yarn or the wrong pattern! I love the yarn, so the pattern would have to go! I tried knitting it with a strand of fingering weight yarn and the viscose and it did not work. A single strand of viscose was not working for the sweater so on to plan "B"! I doubled the viscose and started knitting the Shape It Scarf from Sally Melville's Knit 1 book! I love the feel of it, so that is what the beautiful viscose will be used for and I know I will wear it lots.


While I am still ahead in this game, I will keep this post short. I have tried for two days to post, but blogger was not cooperating or I was not doing something just right! Better short than not at all!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Knitingale said...

Peg, I love the vest!! Very nicely done. And I'm glad you found something just right for the viscose. I'm choking when it comes to finding the right pattern for my new mohair, so I'm impressed. I feel your pain with blogger--lately I feel that it's trying to take my last ounce of sanity!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

What a cute vest! Its a shame about the red sweater vest but the yarn really is lovely as a scarf too. Happy Knitting!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Tweeding Along said...

I cannot get over how fast you knit things!
Gosh i'm sooo tired I can't even remember what I was going to type next......... *thinks*........*thinks some more*
AAAAAAAAHAAA! Are those MASSIVE sock blockers behind you on your wall????

6:30 PM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

The red vest looks great on you! Nice fit and the lace panel just finishes it off.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

The red vest looks lovely. You;re certainly churning out the FOs at the moment.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Susanne said...

That is one gorgeous vest! Good for you, looks great on you..

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting