Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Beautiful Saturday Sky!

I got up early this morning and then thought, oh yes Saturday Sky day and went for the camera. I am not getting up any earlier, but the sun is getting up later than I am, so thus I get to see this beauty before breakfast. Now the powers that be, will change all this in a few more weeks, and we will probably get up together for a bit.



This sky did get cloudier and we got a very light shower. Showery weather makes for good knitting time - the girl is looking for silver linings in clouds these days! Tilia makes me do it!

My dear Irish lass, Jo, has made me an offer of some red viscose to knit a red sweater for the Red Sweater KAL. If you go to Jo's blog, you can see a site on the right side of the blog to go to and join. Now I have to join and for that I am truly glad! Jo is sending me some beautiful (at least as much as I can see on the blog) red variegated viscose - not an ITCH to be found in a country mile! Well, I now have a little package to send to Jo and what can you send a gal who has everything (and most of it accumulated in the past month) in the way of delicious fibres that a girl could desire? Oh, I found a few little things!

She is sending me some bainin from Kerry Woolen Mills and I plan to knit a beautiful vest - it will be pure wool, but with a shirt under, I will be fine.

Went to another of my LYSs last evening and tried to find some non-wool, but certainly non-acrylic, yarn! This is not as easy as I thought it might be. Why is it that I can wear Superwash Merino socks and I have happy relaxed feet? Can anyone explain that to me?

4 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Peg, WHAT a lovely sky! Thanks for sharing.

Jo is such a sweetheart, I'm sure you'll be making the most wonderful red sweater! :0)

4:04 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

What a beautiful sky photo.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Sweetheart, all of us at one time or another get cross skins. It may not be a permanent rift with wool, it could just be the way you're both feeling right now.

In the meantime, that silky red wood product (alias viscose) is on its way across the Atlantic and the continent to you (unless it decides to come round by the coastline which wouldn't surprise me). And it will make such a beautiful Red Sweater KAL project.
Cooling thoughts from Ireland.
Jo
Celtic Memory Yarns.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

What a beautiful sky! Wish you best of luck making the red sweater!

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting