Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Is it only me?

I seem to be having my problem with 'Blogger' these days. Both starting a new post and sending comments on other blogs have been a bit of a hassle!

On with the yarn purchases.



This Debbie Bliss Cathay is one of my favourite colours - remember the cotton pullover - same colour. Anyway, I got 9 balls and want to make a short sleeved summer top. It is 50% cotton 35% Viscose Microfibre and 15% Silk. It was originally $9.99 a ball and on sale for $5.00 - I took all that was there in this colour! I have 900 metres, so should be able to get a short top out of it! I see an off centre sweater in the Spring Interweave Knits preview and wonder if it could be made into a short-sleeve version. The magazine is here - well I was trying to link you, but perhaps my computer is not loving the fog and does not want to cooperate.

I also want to show you what was on the back of the Sunlight Soap box, as if you probably cared!




Just in case you cannot read what it says on the back, here it is -
Playtime rubs dirt into their clothes

Whatever your washing method
---you need
Sunlight's
"Extra Soapiness"
for those extra dirty parts!!





















Oh yes, I got the pattern yesterday from Schoolhouse Press for the Elizabeth Zimmerman Rib Warmer Vest! It is not that easy to grasp by reading, but if I can find the right yarn, I think it is one of those patterns you follow and it somehow works out. It must, as EZ is an icon in the knitting world and I like her finished products. I must say that I have been knitting the cropped cardi in the Rowan 39 book and I think their patterns are a bit sparse!! Maybe it is just me, but I have knit a few patterns lately that were excellent on the detail and then you get one that is sparse and you feel like you have been set adrift on an ice pan and don't know where to go!

5 Comments:

Blogger LaurieM said...

Let the knitting tell you what to do. ...

9:34 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Love the Rowan books and the Debbie Bliss Cathay. Do you have the Debbie Bliss Cathay book as well? That has some really really pretty cabled sweaters in it that are on my list.

And yeah, Blogger is on my last nerve (for commenting and KALs that I belong to - I switched my blog to typepad now.)

11:23 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

That Cathay looks luscious! I can just see you in it! :0)

Blogger has been such a stinker lately, that's why I switched to Typepad. Much easier to deal with, I find!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

That's certainly some very pretty yarn!
Look, you even have the actual soap! Is it still made? What does it smell like? (fresh air and sunshine?)
Thank you for showing that, Peg.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

I remember my grandmother having some soap like that. Boy does that bring back memories! I have a little sweater I knit out of cathay. I love how soft it is. You'll enjoy knitting and wearing it I'm sure.

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting