Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Sunday, January 21, 2007

I'm Done - Don't Stick a Fork in me!

Here is my Not So Warm Coat/Jacket!



Finally, I finished this sweater yesterday about lunch time, and as it was a beautiful sunny day, I got my DH to take photos outside. I really am pleased with the result! I know that it will grow longer, and I could have had a few more stitches on the 'skirt' of the coat, but I love my Not So Warm Coat and I think it is cool!


You can see from the back view that my hair is growing. By the time summer comes, I hope to have it down past my hairline! I never had really noticed my back hairline until I started taking photos of my finished knits a few months ago. I am liking the new hairdo and wonder why I never let it grow before. I thought it would be a lot of care, but actually a blow dryer and some 'ruffling' with my other hand and then a bit of a comb and I am set to go! The pool is not so hard on my hair, as our pool is cleaned with ozone! If it were cleaned with chlorine, after a time, my hair gets like doll's hair - stiff and coated! I also like the back of the jacket.


You can see the colour of our house and the little wrought iron stand is covered with either sweet peas or morning glory in summer. Just now it awaits summer!

I am feeling good about my knitting at the moment, so I pulled out the pullover I am knitting with another Sally Melville pattern that I showed you a few months ago in the beautiful raspberry cotton. Both sleeves and the back are done and I am working away on the front. I have a clapotis scarf on the needles, but I am not thrilled with the colourway in this particular scarf, so I am deciding whether I will frog the scarf and perhaps start some socks! No rush, as I want to finish the pullover first!
The sweater facts:

Cast On - January 7, 2007
Completed - January 20, 2007
Knit with - Paton's Katrina 92% rayon and 8% polyester on 5mm Brittany needles
Buttons are pewter and I sewed them on with embroidery floss. I have all the colours of floss, since I used to do, and will again, cross stitch!
I would make the buttonholes a bit larger next time, but for now, I just pull it on like a pullover, as the buttons fit rather snuggly in the holes! Not a big problem in the scheme of things.
Satisfaction - Very High and I would knit it again!

12 Comments:

Blogger Cornflower said...

Wow, this looks great, Peg, and done so quickly, too. Take a bow!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Your jacket is lovely! It looks very comfy too. And your hair looks very nice also. I know all about those swimmers problems!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Wow that was fast! Looks great too!

2:10 PM  
Blogger KimK said...

Peg, the sweater looks beautiful on you, and the color is gorgeous! Well done!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Oh my goodness Peg, that was a quick knit! You did an awesome job on it, and it looks great on you! Well done!

5:36 PM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

It looks wonderful on you. You did a great job on the jacket. I'm sure you will get a lot of use out of it and you've given me some ideas for my own Katrina.

After all that worry when you started, I'll bet you had some yarn left over, didn't you? :)

5:55 PM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

Peg you are such a speed demon!!!
It looks fantastic, now tell me where the HECK is all your snow???
I do love the longer look on your hair and have to comment on those lovely earrings too! FABULOUS!

4:08 AM  
Blogger Martina said...

Beeootifull! The sweater and the model! You ARE a quick knitter!

5:24 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I found your blog through your comment on my Debbie Bliss KAL post - your jacket looks great. I have a pool too, and I didn't know you could use anything other than chlorine to clean it!! I will have to tell my husband about the ozone and see if that's an option for us. Also I love where you live - I visited Victoria once about seven years ago and found it to be very picturesque. The idea of living on an island just seems so appealing to me (living in Chicago.)

9:27 AM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Peg, that is one beautiful sweater! and you knit it up so fast...wow.
It looks gorgeous on you, the colour very flattering.
Good knitting!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Peg, that sweater looks fantastic on you!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Iris said...

Oh, Peg! That is a FANTASTIC sweater. It's such a classic and so wearable. You look great in it, much better than the one pictured in the book.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting