Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

No Pictures Today!

I have been busy knitting, but not taking pictures!

I thank all who commented on my Not So Warm Coat/Jacket! It is wonderful to have something we knit just be the way we had dreamed it would be! Heaven only knows there are enough disappointments when knitting! I know I keep knitting because there are more pleasant projects that were a pleasure to knit, a pleasure to give or to keep than there are the few disappointments. I always try to remember - 'Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!"

I saw a link on one knitter's blog to the new Interweave Knits - Spring 2007 issue and there appear to be some wonderful projects there that make me want to give them a try. Now I will await my mail man's delivery of my magazine! I know, it will be a bit yet. Now at age 66, I somehow don't think I will be making the thong, bra or nightie - just a thought!!

Take care and hopefully there will be pics next time.

3 Comments:

Blogger carolr said...

You look lovely in your sweater and you are right. You hair DOES look good! And easy to take care of. WOW. Knitting is something good to know- and you should feel good about it.
Ah-sweet peas and morning glory. I can smell spring-kind of!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Cornflower said...

Peg, I love your quote about experience. I must remember that!

4:10 AM  
Blogger New Jersey Laura said...

Your not-so-warm jacket is beautiful, and fits you so well. You look gorgeous. Thank you for the comment on the Red Sweater KAL. He is a happy kid, and I'm happy to wash that sweater!

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting