Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Thank You All - you are the best!

A big thank you to all the bloggers who visited and had kind words for me yesterday. It was a very special day and I want to celebrate more and more good things in my life. I found that the gals I shared with yesterday, and the men, were all supportive and felt that breast cancer could indeed be lived with and well. Take the time to celebrate life and include your friends. I did it through the blog and it was wonderful - I hope it gave many of you hope, cause heaven only knows that sometimes all we have is hope!

I did finish up some knitting. The sweater from Rowan Book 39 - Antoinette - is now sitting and drying from her final steaming. I will take her to the LYS tomorrow to get a button - a great one! I also have the vest sitting and awaiting the buttons from Schoolhouse Press - any day now! Once I have a button for one or both sweaters, I will show you. I am so pleased with Antoinette, as she fits beautifully and I love the collar!! Now I will start my Elsebeth Lavold Cul de Sac vest - the one with the Celtic Knots and cables. It will be a slower knit, but a challenge and it is being knit with Silk and Cashmere!!

6 Comments:

Blogger LaurieM said...

It amazing how a beautiful yarn can make even the most difficult of projects a pleasure to knit. I look forward to seeing your new FOs.

3:41 AM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Also looking forward to seeing your finished goods...I think you'll be surprised with the Celtic Vest (Cul de Sac), it will probably go fast than you think, cables are fun and easy.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Can't wait to see Antoinette! (From one "Rowan lover" to another!)

8:37 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

I'm so looking forward to seeing your finished knits! The Celtic Vest sounds great. :0)

10:04 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

Hi Peg, Just dropped by and read your last post. I have been going through the do I or do I not have cancer for the past year. It does make life special doesn't it? Looking forward to the finished Antoinette.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Well done on that last post of yours, Peg: you're an inspiration. So excited you're starting the Celtic Vest - it really is lovely and the silk/cashmere should show off the motifs beautifully.

Wish I could come over and knit along with you! At least we can do it through this weblog.

Jo at Celtic Memory

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting