Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, June 25, 2007

The set is completed and so the temperature is expected to get to 25 C!The set is complete. I am pleased and happy to have two FOs and ended up with a nice addition to my wardrobe. I am also wearing a different shawl pin - this one is of antiqued silver and I think I will stick with it and save money on the button I had thought about! I probably will add a button loop on the left side and a button on the underside of the right side!

Just to prove that Audrey is not just a flap under the sweater, here I am with Audrey on her own! I knit it shorter than the pattern, as I did not want it to hang below the cardi. Audrey was supposed to be knit with Silky Wool or Silky Tweed. Shan asked me about Hempathy, but I am afraid, Shan, that I cannot tell you much about this yarn, but I think you could use it for Audrey! Just do a swatch!

Thanks to the good responses. It seems that most people prefer to cast on right away for the 'mate'. One knitter knits the two socks in tandem! Usually I knit the two sleeves at the same time, but the two fronts can be distracting, as you make different shaping on each side. Knowing me, I might just get it wrong, and I will really not have saved any time. Frogging does take time!


Now I am off to finish up the Rib Warmer #7 and also the Garnstudio lace cardi! It may warm up soon and a lace cardi would be nice!

11 Comments:

Blogger Cornflower said...

Lovely, Peg!
You make such beautiful garments, and always in record time, too, so you inspire the rest of us.
I am just thawing out after three hours (no kidding) spent on a windswept playing field cheering on my youngest at school sports. It's not delicate summer knitwear I needed today but the thickest aran sweater.
Enjoy your warmer climate!

11:58 AM  
Blogger margene said...

They make a perfect duo! You'll be wearing and enjoying the set for years to come!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

So very well done and beautiful!
Love seeing the roses, the pink one looks to be lit up from inside with pure golden sunshine, and those are some coral bells also?

12:59 PM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

ahhh the set is complete! its awesome!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

The set is really stunning, and boy you are quick!
I'll believe the 25 when I feel it, however. Where's our summer?!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

What a great set Peg. I am sure that you are going to get a ton of wear out of that here.

You are right - perfect weather for it.

5:08 PM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

I'm sold! That set looks just awesome together. So chic, so pulled together. I didn't like it at first and now I love it.

You've made me a convert. The whole thing is just enchanting with the various textures and how the echo one another between the two sets. It's like a music duet.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Peg, your sweater set is gorgeous and looks lovely on you!

These are both on my short list and it's great to see how nice they 'in person' finished up!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

They make a lovely set. So together are they B'audrey?

1:55 PM  
Blogger Nan said...

Peg, I tried to email you, but when the form came up, it asked for your email address and I didn't know it. :<) Anyhow, this is totally unrelated to your fantastic knitting. I happened onto a page that offers podcasts about farming, and I saw a caller had been Peg, from Vancouver Island. Is that you? This is the site:
http://geekfarmlife.com/

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peg, you are such an accomplished knitter. Your set is beautiful, and fits like it was "made for you"...

I hope you were able to wear it to your function since it really didn't get hot yesterday

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting