Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Sunday, November 19, 2006

This is the last of my Moonlight Madness yarn!!

Here is the last of the Moonlight Madness yarn. You know I will have to look back, but I think I was calling it Midnight Madness. Anyway there was no moonlight on Friday evening. We have been having a series of rain/wind storms pass through, although at the moment there is blue sky and the odd peak at the sun!


This is Louisa Harding's Nautical Cotton in a beautiful plum/raspberry colour. The sweater I have in mind for this yarn is in the Sally Melville Knit 1 book and is a long sweater with long sleeves. In the areas over the bust line and midrif, you knit with smaller needles - 3.75 mm and the remainder of the sweater is knit with 1 large needle 6.5 mm for one row and then back to the 3.75 mm needle for the next row. I hope I get onto the switching needles easily. It is not a difficult knit - just uses the knit stitch, but it is a sweater that will look great over skirts or pants. With this colour, I can also see me wearing it in the winter over black pants! I love the colour and the sweater design - what more can a knitter ask for!

This yarn is one I have knit with before. It is Grignasco Merinogold and is just the softest and best to knit with. I look great in this colour, as my eyes are blue (well actually one is half blue and half brown) and with my white hair blue looks good! I am not sure just what sweater this will be made into, but I am patiently or not so patiently awaiting Winter 2006 IK.


Today I went to Jo's blog and Angeluna, another blogger, put Jo onto this beautiful pattern for the Cul de Sac Vest. Have a look! Isn't it gorgeous. Now this is knitted, or can be knit, with Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool! Remember Tilia of frog pond fame? Well, what do you think of that beautiful turquoise blue for Cul de Sac? I have one problem - getting the pattern. Apparently it is an Elsebeth pattern and was in Knitter's Fall 2003. Now I have to run the pattern to ground! If you, or anyone you know, has the pattern, I would pay good money to get it from you! A lot of knitter's asked Jo how to get the pattern, so I sent Jo a little message to say she could perhaps start a KAL! Like I need one more KAL! Anyway, have a look at it and tell me if you think it is a terrific pattern. The back is as detailed as the front and it would be a challenge, but heck I am up for a challenge! It will probably fall in line behind Bianca and Not So Warm Coat, so don't start digging through your stash of magazines just yet, but keep it in mind!

Oh yes, today is our 46th Wedding Anniversary. I am a truly lucky woman. I married a wonderful man who is not only good to me, but he is good for me. He might slightly wince when I come out of the LYS, but he never complains. I never complain when he buys woodworking things either, so that is part of our secret to a great marriage, I think.

7 Comments:

Blogger Marianne said...

Happy Anniversary! Best of wishes to you both!
Nice treasures from the Midnight/Moonlight Madness sale!
I emailed you about the pattern.

12:30 PM  
Blogger KimK said...

Congratulations to you both on your anniversary! I can't think of nicer news to hear!

And, by the way, my husband also has one eye that is part blue/part hazel. I've never known anyone else like that, 'til now! :)

6:10 PM  
Blogger Faren said...

Ok, I have to chime in here too. My mom has one brown eye and one that is brown and blue. Isn't it neat when people notice it for the first time?

Congrats on your anniversary!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

Happy Anniversary! It looks like you found some wonderful yarn - did your IK arrive yet? Mine finally showed up on Friday, I've been waiting for it, too. There's a very nice vest in there I'm longing to make, plus a couple of sweaters. :0) The yarn you've chosen is lovely, and I'm sure you'd look great in that colour, it's very soft and pretty.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Happy Anniversary! And email me about the cul de sac pattern, if you haven't already gotten a copy!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Happy Anniversary! Thats a long time to be married! We are heading for our 29th this June and I think that is a long time! I think that that vest would be very pretty if it is the one I am thinking of. Have you tried EBay? Though it looks like you have plenty of help. I am tired of my Tilia, it is stretching out and it is itchy. I am going to wear her over Thanksgiving and then retire her for awhile but I have thought of recycling her. I seem to remember a lot of people knitting that vest and that it turned out very nicely. And vests are so much easier to wear than sweaters don't you think?

6:36 PM  
Blogger gwtreece said...

Happy Anniversary!

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting