Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Saturday, November 18, 2006

I Shopped 'Til I Almost Dropped!

Well, I did go to the sale, not once, but twice. I will not tell you what I spent, but I will tell you I saved $222.74. If the rains come with a vengeance, I am ready!! I will add a few purchases today and then the remainder tomorrow!



When I went back, I had a look at this coffee brown Orkide - silk/merino/acrylic and thought of Bianca in Fall 2006 IK. What do you think? I have gone and looked at this sweater so many times and so I knew I would knit it eventually. I think this yarn will be perfect and I can see myself wearing this sweater often. When you keep going back to a pattern, to me it means that you love it and that is the only kind of pattern to knit - one you love!

I also have had my eye on this Colinette. The colourway is called Florentina. I put it against the mauve/purple pullover I am knitting and it is perfect!


Isis is nicer in person, as the colours look a bit harsh in the photo! I saved $5.00 on this beautiful yarn, but what is a girl to do when it hooks onto her shoulder bag as she passes? Jo can attest that my LYS is small but packed with lots of treasures - well a lot less since I have been there for the last two days!!

Now I don't have the button on the side bar of my blog, but I did join the Red Sweater Knitalong! Not enough red on sale to make a sweater - what to do? Well, I have already knit a red vest and there is no deadline for the RS KAL, so it will have to get in the queue - about #8, if my calculations are correct!

I got a few queries about the tit bits in an entry of a few days ago. The pattern for these is at www.knitty.com under whimsies! They are easy to knit and I find they are softer, cooler and lighter to wear than the silicone prosthesis I had worn before. If you know of a gal who has had a mastectomy, you can tell her about them. You can knit from a AA to a DD - remember if you still have one of your own breasts, you want to try to match the tit bit to that breast! It is easily done - add more rows and more fiberfil! I need two, so I can be any size I want, but I always wanted to be small and so now I can be what I wish!

I just did a spell check and it does not recognize blog or mastectomy! Come on, those are words in common usage today - the spell check has 'learned' them on my computer, along with KAL and LYS!

2 Comments:

Blogger Marianne said...

Wow.
O' What Fun. Seriously.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Come on Peg..."Isis" isn't nice it is absolutely scrummy.As soft as a kitten and "Flentina is one of Colinette's best colourways.

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting