Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Don't You Love red?

Here is the beautiful scarf I made from the viscose that Jo gifted to me! I doubled the yarn, which is the same as the blue/mauve yarn that made the other Shape It Scarf from Sally Melville!




I like the 'weight' of the scarf when knit with doubled yarn, but I also like the drape of the blue/mauve scarf as shown in this photo!

These two scarves come from a set of four of the Shape It Scarf collection in my scarf drawer. When I get something I love, I make it again and again or use it again and again. Such as the name 'Elizabeth' - it was my Mom's name, my middle name and the middle name of our DD and two GDs. It is a name that seems to go along with most other names! You can only imagine that with the name Margaret Elizabeth that my three older brothers often said to me that just because I was named after two princesses (British Royal Family) that I need not expect princess treatment. I think I did, but believe me I never got it. I grew up strong!

I also started another clapotis! This is from the yarn that Lisa from Daily Distractions gifted to me. It is a fingering weight yarn, but I like the feel of it and it will make a great scarf. It is also a very pleasant distraction while knitting the lace cardi.


Oh yes, in the picture of me wearing the red vest that is my collection of sock stretchers on the wall behind me. That is if you can call four pair of sock stretchers a collection.

6 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Very nice scarves! And that looks like it will become a beautiful clapotis.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

The colourway on Claptois is looking so good. I am glad you are liking it.

4:40 PM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

you and red *shakes head* hehehe
I love the colours of your clapotis!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Both scarves are very pretty. The clapotis is going to be beautiful.

4:06 AM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The scarves are simply beautiful!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

The scarves are great, and I love the new Clapotis! :0) You really look lovely in red!

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting