Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Friday, November 10, 2006

IT is completed!

The lace cardi is completed, not blocked yet, but completed!! I am happy with this sweater and it will be a great sweater for summer, or an evening sweater with a nicer top than the one I have on in the photo for winter. It was not a particularly difficult knit, but the yarn is Phildar Canasta in the Cafe colour! It is 79% viscose and 21% acrylic. The main problem with this yarn was the splitting! It did that big time and 6 ply to each strand! With lots of yo's and psso's, it was easy to 'split' the yarn and then you would have a ply or two showing up on the surface of the knit! Because no sheep gave up their fleece for this yarn, it is not itchy and it does have a subtle sheen. Would I knit with it again - probably not - but I am glad to have this sweater in my wardrobe. I have a pair or khaki/brown silk trousers and I will look for some sort of top with a bit of bling and I am ready for the holidays!!


As I see the back of my head, I realize that my back needs some growing out. I had my head shaved to raise funds for childhood cancer just over a year ago and have it worn it quite short since then, but now I want it all a bit longer! Why does the hair on our heads grow so slowly and on our legs and underarms so quickly?

I have now cast on for a pullover in a beautiful mauve Paton's Katrina and I will save that for another blog. I can talk a mile a minute, but writing on the blog and I get writer's cramp.

9 Comments:

Blogger Marianne said...

I understand that writer's cramp all too well. Love that lace cardi!
BTW, you're very lucky wearing short hair with such a lovely neck-line.. meaning the way your hair grows... and yes, as soon as you decide you want your hair longer it seems to stop growing so much, eh?

7:38 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

The sweater looks great, want to come seam mine? I may or may not get it blocked and seamed this weekend. Was going to block first, but now I see that you didn't, hmmm....
Your hair looks great, awesome that you shaved it for cancer.

8:08 PM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

Nice cardi! Very wearable and the fit looks good too.

BTW- I think you have lovely hair.

2:56 AM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

Another FO????
I'm coming to knit with you for a week. I think I'd get my whole stash knit.
Looks great and that little bit of bling will be perfect with it!

6:12 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

Peg, you look lovely in the cardi! Nice job. :0)

11:04 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

It looks great, Peg!

Your hairstyle looks fine, but what a cool thing to do for charity!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Ooh it's very pretty. It looks great on.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

That cardigan is beautiful, Peg, and a credit to your determination! I'm not at all sure I would have stayed the course...

11:23 AM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Great job on the cardigan!

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting