Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, November 06, 2006

Knitting, but no photos!

I have been busy knitting on the lace cardi. I have both sleeves on the needles and am at the point where I turn on the timer for an hour and knit - then I go on to something else I would rather do! Do some of you get tired of a project at some point in the process? I like the lace cardi, but I am awfully tired of it! I did take some fingering weight yarn and cast on a Clapotis, but no pictures yet.

It is definitely fall here with periods of rain, wind, the sun desperately trying to break through and then we run through the different categories of weather for fall all over again. We did the rest of the pruning in the garden on the weekend, so I give you the last roses of summer and some mums from a plant my brother gave to me two years ago! I have managed to cut it back, pot it out and have blooms for the last two falls. It is now pulled up against the dining room window, so we will have flowers for at least another month!











I did join another KAL from Carolyn I find that I can wear Debbie Bliss Cashmerino and so I think a baby could also wear it with no problems. We have friends expecting twins in March and Debbie Bliss does design beautiful children's clothing. This KAL is like the Red Sweater KAL - no deadline. I am also taking part in an exchange with Ms. K I mailed my parcel off this morning, as I am finding that a parcel from here in BC to the USA can take about wo weeks. I also mailed off my parcel to our DD and family for Christmas today. They live in Germany and their parcels take time to get there. It is their first Christmas away from us - the granddaughters that is - so I wanted to make sure they had gifts. I also managed to tuck in the left over Halloween candy!

I have tried to get that bit of writing out from between the two photos, but no luck! I also have tried to blog a few times lately and if they are not down for MAINTENANCE, they should be! What is the problem - is it me?

5 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Once the sleeves are done on the cardi, the front pieces (if you haven't knit them already) will go SO quickly. The knitting of mine is now complete, blocking and seaming, which I'm not looking forward to one bit, will happen next weekend.

12:44 PM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

I recommend giving yourself a quick lesson in HTML from http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

And you will likely also want a lesson in Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) also at W3schools (http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp)

I used these lessons to learn how to create web pages and I highly recommend them for orderly presentation of information and for their hands on "Try-it" editors.

Good luck!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

The problem isn't you - it's blogger. It's not exactly cooperative when it comes to photos.

The lave cardi sounds lovely, but I know what you mean about getting tired of projects, sometimes you need something you can just knit without thinking about.

It's Viveka that I was talking about in my video - it's the cover pattern of the current Knitty.

4:00 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

Yes, Peg, I so know how you feel. I've had to force myself to sit and knit on something that just didn't "do" it for me anymore. :0)

4:26 PM  
Blogger Ms. Knitingale said...

Oh, it's SO not you. Blogger is afflicted with some major gremlins lately. The only reason I've managed to not heave the computer out the window is that I 'd have to go out in the rain to clean up the mess.....

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting