Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Another One!

You may think I have had an obsession about Elizabeth Zimmerman's Rib Warmer vest, and you would be right! I really like this pattern and of all the knitting I have done and worn lately, these vests get the most comments - all favourable! It is a winner and for a gal who rarely wore vests, I seem to have one on every day! I am wearing the 'blue denim' vest today, so that is why I am wearing blue pants and turtle neck in the photo. If I had seen the photo previously, I would have lined the centre of the vest back up with the centre seam of my pants, but you get the idea!

That is is for Rib Warmer vests for a bit, but I know I will knit more of this pattern!


8 Comments:

Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Peg, I have got to get hold of that RibWarmer pattern. Where do I find it? Want to make one like yours right NOW! It looks so good on you!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Cornflower said...

I love it, too, Peg! Like Jo, I'd like to get the pattern - can you tell us the source? (Forgive me if you've already done so and I've missed it.)

12:21 PM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

The vest looks like it's hugging you. Is that why you look so happy? :-)

What yarn did you use? I love the soft variation in color.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Peg-woolinmysoup said...

I got the pattern through Schoolhouse Press - I went to the following web site and it is Item # 17 It only cost $1.00 and I wish they would go to download files! On the third vest, I used Sidar yarns! One skein of solid green and one of the variegated. Paton's chunky works well, as dose any combination that will give you about 4 stitches per inch. http://www.schoolhousepress.com/spunout.htm

6:15 PM  
Blogger gail said...

Great looking vest!! How wonderful with the self striping yarn. This pattern is on my to do list.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Alright, I am in such agreement with everyone, I need to knit one of those vests, they (vests) come in quite handily here, sometimes not cold enough for sweaters but you want something a bit more than a long sleeved shirt. I love that vest!

5:16 AM  
Blogger Anne K. said...

The vest looks fantastic!! I've had the Knitting Workshop book for years and have often wondered about trying that vest -- you've inspired me to give it a go! Thanks for the inspiration!!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Bev in TN said...

Your vest looks fantastic and soooo warm. Odd, I've had the book with that pattern (plus a magazine) for years, but only now am I just dying to get a rib warmer on my needles. Thanks for the inspiration ;-)

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting