Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Elsebeth Lavold!

I knit another of Elsebeth's patterns, remember that beautiful turquoise/green Silky Wool that made up Tilia, as shown in my October 12th post? Well, this is a different kettle of fish! The yarn I am using is soft like butter, the pattern is a bit challenging, but not too much and the gauge seems to be staying true. It is not a long enough (body length) project to 'sag' like Tilia seemed to do, so I am hoping and expecting better things from Elsebeth's Cul de Sac pattern.

If you want the Cul de Sac pattern, it is in the Fall 2003 issue of Knitters magazine. I had to back order, but it was well worth the effort.

I finished the burnt orange vest and only need my photographer to return home to take a photo. It was a quick project, and now I know how much yardage I need to make another. That is one downfall of the older patterns - they often called for so many ounces, and not all ounces give the same yardage. I am pleased to see in lots of newer patterns that yardage is given. It makes more sense to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Knitingale said...

Oh, my. I looked at the picture of the back of that vest in the other post and fell right in love! I can't wait to see it finished. I'm dying to find the right pattern for some Elsebeth Lavold teal angora in my stash......

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting