Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Dogs and Tulips!

Here are my dogs. Isla, known as the 'couch queen' is found in her usual spot, doing her usual thing - resting! She is 9 years old and is the aunt of the other Cairn, Tibbie. Tibbie has become very fond of this pillow that I hooked a top for and now she claims it as her own. I know that many think dogs should not be on furniture and there is some they are not allowed on, but they have claimed these chairs and we have let them - of course, we could teach old dogs new tricks!.



In this photo, it looks like the couch needs a cleaning - a small price to pay for a happy dog! I plan to get the carpets cleaned next month, so will have the chesterfield/couch done at the same time.



These tulips are 'full' open and I think they are beautiful. I will buy another bunch today to replace them, but I also love the tulips at this stage - blowsy and arranged by themselves - I just stood them upright in the vase! Once my tulips in the garden start to bloom, I bring in one bloom at a time! I always have wanted a cutting garden, but tulips are just too beautiful in bunches in the garden to bring in too many at a time. I do not like bulbs planted in rows, I tend to put them together in a 'bunch', and I think they give greater impact!

6 Comments:

Blogger margene said...

Ah yes, we must have happy dogs. Mine sure is for the same reasons. I'm with you on the tulips! I need to buy a bunch for some color in the house.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Cornflower said...

Happy dogs help make a home. We have two brand new, pure white sheepskin rugs which the (black) dogs have taken a shine to. We've started to fold the rugs in half to discourage doggy use when we're not around, but our older dog has quickly got the hang of unfolding them and enjoying a luxurious snooze.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Oh, the dogs are so cute! I have a 10-year-old Westie who has his favorite couch and chair spots for sleeping, too.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Hey, Peg, thanks for stopping by my blog. My sweet Westie is Max...not too original but he has lots of silly nicknames, too!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

I love the dogfaced kids, although I love the cat I have, and all the cats I've had in my life....those dogs... love those dogs!
Beautiful tulips...I like them at every stage...those are beautiful, love the colours!

3:25 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

Those are my favorite color of tulips! I just bought some last week. Your dogs look so content! We used to have a Westie when the kids were little and I remember how nice it was to have a happy little dog.

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting