Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

I first met my DH while working in his Dad's flower shop! John, my DH, knows I love yellow roses, as that is what I had in my wedding bouquet (made by my FIL) and so he surprised me today with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and even bought that beautiful large vase for them too! What a treat - he is a real keeper after 46.5 years of marriage!


I have the burnt orange Elizabeth Zimmerman vest on the needles still, but when I have some time to myself, I work on Cul de Sac by Elsebeth Lavold! I have never done Celtic knots before, but I loved that part, as it kept me on my toes! The yarn is a beautiful Silk and Cashmere that I got from Jo. I always tell Jo that anything that is that beautiful needs capital letters, thus Silk and Cashmere! It can split a bit, but it just feels like butter moving through the fingers. I saw some deer horn buttons at my LYS, and I think they might just be perfect for Cul de Sac. What do you think? What you see here is the back.


6 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Oooh I have looked at that pattern before - it is from Knitters magazine right?

Looks great! Nice roses too!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Cornflower said...

Lovely flowers - John sounds pretty good to me!

3:38 AM  
Blogger Susanne said...

Where or where is that Eliz. Lavold pattern from? gorgeous! and nice flowers too...Happy VD to you!

4:42 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I like that pattern - I don't subscribe to Knitters' anymore so that's why I must have missed it. I have almost all of EL's pattern books and I knew I hadn't seen that one.

Congrats on 46.5 years of marriage! What a great accomplishment!

5:49 AM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Cul de Sac looking lovely, Peg.
Yellow roses were my grandmother's favourites, also mine and my daughter's, they just seem to smell the very best! Those roses are exceptional.

7:18 AM  
Blogger margene said...

That's a great vest pattern! The roses are lovely!!

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting